xc's thread of useless knowledge

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
The Farmer's Almanac is predicting a very cold winter.
It must be true because the squirrels are gathering NUTS.
Three of my friends have disappeared.
Are you O.K.?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Farmer's Almanac is predicting a very cold winter.
It must be true because the squirrels are gathering NUTS.
Three of my friends have disappeared.
Are you O.K.?
yeah it's going to be cold " the neighbour has a big wood pile"

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The outdoor temperature can be estimated to within several degrees by timing the chirps of a cricket. It is done this way: count the number of chirps in a 15-second period, and add 37 to the total. The result will be very close to the actual Fahrenheit temperature. This formula, however, only works in warm weather.

Sent from my mobile phone

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter what temperature a room is, its always room temperature.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Indians asked their Chief in autumn if the winter was going to be cold or not. Not really knowing an answer, the chief replies that the winter was going to be cold and that the members of the village were to collect wood to be prepared.

Being a good leader, he then went to the next phone booth and called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is this winter to be cold?"

The man on the phone responded, "This winter is going to be quite cold indeed."

So the Chief went back to speed up his people to collect even more wood to be prepared. A week later he called the National Weather Service again, "Is it going to be a very cold winter?"

"Yes", the man replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter."

So the Chief goes back to his people and orders them to go and find every scrap of wood they can find. Two weeks later he calls the National Weather Service again: "Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replies, "the Indians are collecting wood like crazy!"

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.

A salted peanut in a glass of draft will behave in much the same way. (thus enabling peanut races on cheap draft night)

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog," uses every letter of the alphabet.

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog," uses every letter of the alphabet.

sawweeet.. im not gonna check it, too lazy... just take your word for it. ha

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Multiply 9 by ANY other number. Add all the the digits, of the answer, together. Whatever the answer is, add those digits together. Continue to do this, until you have only one digit left. When done correctly, the final answer will always be 9 .

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because there isn't any water in them to begin with. Fire hydrants are equipped with an anti-siphon valve (meaning they are self-draining). The valve seal--the "door," so to speak--is at the bottom of the hydrant ... underground, safely below the frost line, at the point where the hydrant taps into the water main. A long rod runs from this valve to the top of the hydrant. The firefighters put a wrench on the top of the rod to open the hydrant. Once turned off, the water drains from the hydrant back into the ground around it so the barrel from the water main into the hydrant is empty. Hydrants are considered frostproof up to -50 degrees.

Top Bottom