X3 162" Team Tied Clutching

ditch1000

Reaction score
I have a 12 Pro 163 with the Camoplast X3 track. I have a team tied on it with a 73-59-36 helix and team red spring; it has Dalton adjustables with 66.3 grams in the primary with a stock spring riding between 2500-5500'. It looks like it is not backshifting enough with this combo; it's revving between 7850 and 8250 and will drop back to 7600 and pick back up to 8250.... I pulled the helix today and the roller marks only go about half way up the helix or so.... I'm thinking the helix is too much to shift thru, because last year in the same area with the same weight and a 71-57-46 helix, it would rev to 8500 rpm with the same weights. I switched the helix now to 73-57-36 and we'll see how that goes..... For anyone out there running a similar setup, what are you running for clutching???

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the other color on the secondary spring? It should have a stripe of blue, black, pink etc...
I have very limited time with the Tied, but I dont think you are too steep on the helix, I ran a little steeper and still got decent backshift with a big track. I would try a little more spring first.

ditch1000

Reaction score
I think it is the black stripe, if memory serves me correct. What weights are you running???? I tried the Team rooster weights for only a couple hours 1 afternoon, and I think they held the rpms better; I had 4.5 grams in the first hole, 3.5 grams in the 2nd and 3.5 in the tip. I switched them to 5.6 in the heel and 4.5 I the middle; I'll probably try them at that but I want to try 1 thing at a time to see where the gain is at...... Your thoughts???

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropping some tip weight, this will make the secondary's job easier and hopefully make for more consistent rpm. Maybe bump up to the red/pink sec spring. It sounds like you are close, just finding the best weight distribution and maybe mess with springs to get what you want.

ditch1000

Reaction score
I switched the helix to 73-57-36 and put the Team Rooster weights back in with 5.6 grams in the heel and 4 grams in the mid. I have 65.5 grams total here @ 2200'. I took it to a local hill on Monday @ 3000' and it is screaming now. I looked @ the tach and saw 8500 rpms @ 3000' and it seems to back shifting really good now and there was probably more rpms than I saw. I'm gonna try it this weekend; I think I may be a little light on weight and may over-rev a little but I'll add another gram or two to the mid if that if the case. As for right now it is definitely pulling hard and looks to be a good starting point.

ditch1000

Reaction score
Got a days riding in yesterday @ 3500' good base of snow with 8-10" of fresh on top. On as good hill, the sled pulls 8450-8550 on RPM's; a little high but I'll just add 1/2 gram to the middle hole on the rooster weights and it's bang on!! Secondary is backshifting awesome with the 73-57-36 helix and Team red &black spring and pulling 44-45mph track speed with the camoplast X3 so I'm very happy with that. Overall, I'm a believer in the Team Rooster weights; I'm not sure what made the biggest difference (changing the helix or switching from the Dalton to Team Rooster Weights) but what ever it is, this combo is rocking.

Top Bottom