X deck track holder extensions?

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody here have experience with them? Are they a PITA to use? Seems like a pretty simple concept. Curious if they would work on ther sled deck as well?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody here have experience with them? Are they a PITA to use? Seems like a pretty simple concept. Curious if they would work on ther sled deck as well?

Buddy had them on his for one mountain trip, put a lot of stress on some $hitty factory welds on the back and ended up breaking them on the part of the deck they attach to

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know thanks. Wonder if they would fit and work okay on a higher quality sled deck.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had them on his for one mountain trip, put a lot of stress on some $hitty factory welds on the back and ended up breaking them on the part of the deck they attach to

I made some years ago before these came out and they did the exact same thing. Broke all the welds on the tube at the back. Ended up getting another deck with an actual extension

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an xdeck flip up extension i might be willing to part with. Black with superglides. Practically brand new.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya X2 on the flip up extension, just ordered one for my x deck and my buddy that tried the track extension ones ordered the flip up one as well

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be scared to slap on an extension on a X deck period. I didn't even need the extensions to learn the back end of my new X deck didn't get welded. I watched the back almost bust right off completely from one side to the other, in the frisbee parking lot at the end of the day on our first day of riding. Did I mention it was the X-decks maiden voyage for me?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be scared to slap on an extension on a X deck period. I didn't even need the extensions to learn the back end of my new X deck didn't get welded. I watched the back almost bust right off completely from one side to the other, in the frisbee parking lot at the end of the day on our first day of riding. Did I mention it was the X-decks maiden voyage for me?
Hmm what year of deck is this?
Mine has been really solid.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm what year of deck is this?
Mine has been really solid.

Mine would be a 15 model. Had it happened closer to home I would have tried to have something done about it on X-Deck's dime. As luck would have it, it happened the day after Boxing Day on the holidays.

Thats is when I learned about the German fellows down at the Big Eddy machine shop. They weren't even actually open for business, and boy did they barely speak any English!

Struggling to communicate, I got my questions across and the old boy helped me out. The back end was maybe 25% welded to begin with. The 2 guys helping us out literally spent 2.5 hours grinding out a chit pile of tack and stitch welds and welded the entire back end up also adding 6 triangular gussets. 2 for each side, and 2 for the middle.

Still struggling to understand a single word coming from either of their mouths, I pulled a wad of cash out of my pocket and fanned it out like playing cards. I had 5-$100's, 4-$50's and let him pick. All the guy wanted and took out of my hands was a $50!

So I folded another brown bill in half and dropped it into his front pouch of his carhart bibs, shook both their hands and said thanks fellas!! We still got a half day in!

Last edited:

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the track holders on my x deck no issues . From what I understand there was a change on the 2017+ x decks to strengthen the back tube for track holders and extensions . Dont forget to remove track holder before unloading . Buddy did that lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they definitely got better, my buddy ( who is a welder) has a 15 x deck and I have an 18 x deck. The welds on mine are far better according to him, they really improved the build quality in the last couple years that’s for sure

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't have a deck yet, I'm leaning towards a 7 foot Cross trax with the removable extension, if I can find a good used setup. The X deck seems like it may be a good alternative but the quality of deck sounds questionable:rolleyes:.

The removable extension appeals to me more rather than having a flip up which is more time consuming to install/ remove and blocks rear vision when flipped up.

The track extension holders seem like they may be okay for occasional use (if the deck has decent welds) but I'd be using them every time I head out.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't have a deck yet, I'm leaning towards a 7 foot Cross trax with the removable extension, if I can find a good used setup. The X deck seems like it may be a good alternative but the quality of deck sounds questionable:rolleyes:.

The removable extension appeals to me more rather than having a flip up which is more time consuming to install/ remove and blocks rear vision when flipped up.

The track extension holders seem like they may be okay for occasional use (if the deck has decent welds) but I'd be using them every time I head out.

How does it block vision? It lays flat in the middle of the deck when not in use??????

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
79F5F293-CA87-4EC0-9CC1-744C3EF2AE6B.jpeg
Your good for visability bud

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just complaints I've heard a couple others state with flip ups. And...maybe I'm picky.

Top Bottom