wrangler mtr

Misfit

Reaction score
Well Im puttin new rubber on my truck and I really like the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's. Price is a little steap but in my budget. Im putting 265's on my truck and just wanted some peoples oppinions on them.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Tire for Mud and Snow but not a super performer in icy conditions. Watch or check with Fountain in Edson as he may have sale on it to co-incide with the 4 for 3 sale that start April 1st.

Misfit

Reaction score
I actually just asked fountain tire in edson for a quote and he mentioned nothing for the MT/R on the 4 for 3 but was trying to sell me some silent armor for the 4 for 3 so Im not sure if the MT/R is in the sale :(

Ive been looking online and I think I might go with 285's instead. There just shy of 33's and with the 4.10's in my truck that would probably work pretty well.

whopper809

Reaction score
TOYO Opencountry M/T's are almost the same exact tread pattern and I always see them priced lower. Plus there one of the hottest sellers for 4X4's right now. I have a set on a superduty and have been pleased with summer and winter driving have about 20-22000km on them and they have half the tread left.

Attachments

• gy_wrangler_mtr_ci2_l.jpg
    gy_wrangler_mtr_ci2_l.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 181
  • toyo-open-country-ds.jpg
    toyo-open-country-ds.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_2277.jpg
    100_2277.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 172

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
I run Nitto Mud Grapplers, horrible on ice!! But unreal in the mud..
For all around i tire i would highly suggest looking into some Pro Comps, The new Xtreme M/T's are a awsome looking and performing tire.. If i remember pro comp has a buy 3 get 1 free deal right now.. If you are looking for a all around tire the Pro Comp Xtreme A/Ts are always a get choice and come with a 40,000 km warrenty.
just my 2 cents..
Cheers,
throttle-junkie

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Just a few pics of the new Pro Comp Xtreme M/T's..

Attachments

• DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 160

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've noticed when driving the wranglers wore poorly and made the truck shimmy / vibrate when hauling down the highway. I try and get a minimum of 80,000 km off a set of tires.... or else I won't purchase them...

Well Im puttin new rubber on my truck and I really like the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's. Price is a little steap but in my budget. Im putting 265's on my truck and just wanted some peoples oppinions on them.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I runn some 265s good year MTR's on my truck verrygood in deep snow, and good in mud like posted above, but good luck on ice. My sister hit the ditch this winter with her car the road was mostly ice I whent to go pull her out, had to geive her a jerk cause the mtrs just do not grab any on ice i justs spun. I do not think Ill get MTR's again unless I get two sets of tires one for Winter and mtrs for summer.

Misfit

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's guys! I like the look of the xtreme M/T and if they have a buy 3 for the price of 4 again on right now then thats the tire. A friend has the same tire and likes it as well. Just have to find a place to buy them. Thanks all again.

Also where can I buy Pro Comp Tires? Are There any retailers in the Hinton/Edson Area (Id turn blue holding my breath to find them in Jasper...)or am I going to have to make a trip to the city. I am going to Deadmonton (cough cough sorry sorry)Edmonton on the 9th of April for Eye Surgury and could find them then but my bearings around the city are not that great.

whopper809

Reaction score
That's the problem with PROCOMP tires, they are usually only handled by a Off road shops, and if a regular tire shop can get them the price is always too high. I've had Procomp Xtreme's in the past (great tire) bought them at 4 Wheel Parts in Edmonton, you could give Shane a call at Interior off road in Edmonton, probably get a good price.

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's guys! I like the look of the xtreme M/T and if they have a buy 3 for the price of 4 again on right now then thats the tire. A friend has the same tire and likes it as well. Just have to find a place to buy them. Thanks all again.

Also where can I buy Pro Comp Tires? Are There any retailers in the Hinton/Edson Area (Id turn blue holding my breath to find them in Jasper...)or am I going to have to make a trip to the city. I am going to Deadmonton (cough cough sorry sorry)Edmonton on the 9th of April for Eye Surgury and could find them then but my bearings around the city are not that great.

Stripe Tech in Calgary carrys them!

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys are looking for some pro comp tires ,I can get them as well send me PM your size and make and I can get you a price.

Misfit

Reaction score
Just got home from Hinton. The guys at OK tire are wicked, good personalities with great customer service. I ended up getting some 285 toyo MT's they fill out the wheel wells very nicely and so far very minimal rubbing but a leveling kit can fix that. heres a few pics for you.

Attachments

• new tires.jpg
    new tires.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 86
  • new tires 2.jpg
    new tires 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 83

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Just got home from Hinton. The guys at OK tire are wicked, good personalities with great customer service. I ended up getting some 285 toyo MT's they fill out the wheel wells very nicely and so far very minimal rubbing but a leveling kit can fix that. heres a few pics for you.

Are them 285 75R 16 ?..How wide are them rims..... Cause if they are 7" wide you may wear them tires out rapidly.Better to run on 8" wides.

Misfit

Reaction score
stock rims, so what ever they are. Il just have to play it by ear i guess.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put some Pro-Comp Xtreme MT's on my truck last fall. Very impressed with the winter performance, can't wait to try them out in some mud.:) Bought them at Fountain Tire here in Whitecourt, they were on sale 4 for 3. No regrets here.

Misfit

Reaction score
With my truck having 4.10's and putting bigger tires on I actually got better fuel economy under responsible driving condition. Driving the speed limit my tach was sitting just under 2000 and its never done that before. SAWEET!

Top Bottom