Worth Every Penny....

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are some things you've done that you feel were "Worth Every Penny"..... way back when, we took a trip to Vegas which was alright, but while I was there i took the Andretti school of racing. Took basically a 600hp go cart around Vegas motor speedway for a few laps.... Worth every penny!

Attachments

• racing 3.jpg
    racing 3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 411
  • racing 2.jpg
    racing 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a helicopter fishing trip with my wife, daughter and Mom, out by YaHa Tinda ranch through Panther River Lodge, that was an awesome time, took off early, hit Ice lake and then Dormer lake, fly fishing was amazing and the heli ride was even cooler, the pilot (Terry Safron) was amazing, you can tell this guy knows his stuff and loves doing what he does....Worth every penny!

Attachments

• d8.jpg
    d8.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 405
  • d7.jpg
    d7.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 412
  • 10th.jpg
    10th.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 414
  • 10th 3.jpg
    10th 3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 10th 2.jpg
    10th 2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skydiving, pretty self explanatory, If you ever thought about doing this, go do it. And do it tandem so you get to free fall it's so surreal sitting at the edge of the door looking down...worth every penny. This is something I could see myself doing for a hobby. The guy I jumped with said its comparable to the cost of sledding until you've done it a bunch.

Attachments

• skydiving.jpg
    skydiving.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 396
  • skydiving 2.jpg
    skydiving 2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 410
  • skydiving 3.jpg
    skydiving 3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 405

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skydiving, pretty self explanatory, If you ever thought about doing this, go do it. And do it tandem so you get to free fall it's so surreal sitting at the edge of the door looking down...worth every penny. This is something I could see myself doing for a hobby. The guy I jumped with said its comparable to the cost of sledding until you've done it a bunch.

Totaly agree except for the tandem thing. If you take your first solo jump (no freefall), it will count towards your certification (if you decide you'd like to go for it) and you get to freefall for yourself on your second jump. Little more spendy to go that route, but definitely worth it!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
May not be an exotic or exciting place but definitely "worth every penny". Think about 3/4 acre of property and pulling hose to properly water the grass; working the oven timer for reminders and how much hose is required to keep the grass tree. The irrigation system was definitely one of those experiences......

IMG_28101 2.jpg

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totaly agree except for the tandem thing. If you take your first solo jump (no freefall), it will count towards your certification (if you decide you'd like to go for it) and you get to freefall for yourself on your second jump. Little more spendy to go that route, but definitely worth it!!!

I agree if you know for sure you are gonna do more than one jump, most people probably won't.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 5 years ago i was invited by one of our suppliers to visit the manufacturing plant of one of our products in Jesolo Italy. It was a 4 day junket on the manfacturer including flights, transfers and hotel. My wife and I had some holiday time left over (trip was in October), so we added a week infront of the company events and arrived in Rome for a 3 day stay. We saw the Vatican and Sistine Chapel, all the major sites in the city and a couple spots outside.
Then we trained to Florence for a couple more days (checked out Sienna, some wine tasting among other stuff), then we splurged in Venice for the remainder. We stayed at the Hotel Canal Grande for 2 nights, had breakfast on the deck overlooking the canal!
Then we hoped the ferry and met up with all the company guys. That stay included a trip to Pisa. We climbed up the tower, that is a freaky experience, you feel like you are taking stairs up, then down, then up again over and over. It was after the main season, so it was very quiet in Jesolo, we had the whole place to our selves pretty much.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I flew to Berlin a couple of years ago to see my favorite band in a bar there. Got to meet and drink with the band.
WORTH.EVERY.PENNY.
If I had more penny's I would be doing it again this December. :(

Reactions: LID

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Artificial Turf.

Best thing I ever did for our front yard.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disneyland After Dark or D-A-D after the Disney corp lawsuit over the name. They are from Denmark. A real great bunch of guys.

Edited to add this is in response to Ric.

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road trip I took with a good friend of mine a few years back to the west coast. We chartered a float plane from Prince Rupert to fly into an inlet to a grizzly bear preserve. My buddy and i went on a zodiac tour with a guy who lived on the inlet in a floating cabin during the summer months. Very cool dude with a ton of knowledge of the area and the bears. We only saw one bear but it was super cool nonetheless. The pilot we had, had been flying since he was 19 and was in his 60s. I wish I had more time to listen to his stories, he had no shortage of them! I’ll see if I can dig up some pics of that trip.

Scuba diving in Mexico is another worth every penny moment.

Putting a furnace in my garage. That’s another one

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next to getting married many years ago, a local family had a sick child and there was a fundraiser for them so I bought a one hour plane ride for my son and I. The pilot asked us where we want to go so we flew over most of the areas that I sled like the notch, and lots in the flathead. We also flew over some of my fishing lakes. It was worth ever penny.

Top Bottom