Worn throttle bodies.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there has has any issues with their throttle bodies on the pro?
I have been chasing down a nagging issue with my sled since march. Finally figured it out, and found that the pto side throttle body is worn out.
My sled is a 12 pro, with a turbo. I intially had a tps fault, which i had changed amd adjusted by the dealer. This made the code go away, but the eng seemed to sound like it was running on one cyl.
I changed the reeds, and put a new top end in. I also changed the injectors, as these can dry out with av gas. I also changed out a few other components like coils, wires, throttle switch, etc...
Any way, looks like the one throttle body is washed.
Just trying to figure out why, so it doesnt happen agai.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried posting pictures, but its really hard to capture the actual problem. Im not sure how most turbo setups install the second set of injectors, but mine are built into a custom built, alum body, which takes place of the stock rubber boots that bolt to the block. Where the injectors are placed i had to remove the top bolt that sandwiches the two throttle bodies together. The alum air box fits in the stock location. Ready rod ties it all together so it doesnt move. I asked my dealer to see what polaris could do for me, as the sled has only 1500miles. of course, because of the "turbo" they cant do a thing for me. Blaming it on the fact i dont have the upper support in place. Problem is, only one throttle body is worn, the pin that runs to the tps, through the butterfly has movement. I feel like i got a lemon part. The way the airbox and such is held together, there is no movement. My main goal is to not allow it to happen again. Any tips would be helpful.
P.s i cant figure out how to add pics on this web site, it wont allow my phone to attach them, any help on that would be great too. As i do have pics of the assembly and the way its all mounted.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, not since initial tuning. Its had a good 1400 miles since any tuning issues. I mean ive had component failures, but not turbo related.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried posting pictures, but its really hard to capture the actual problem. Im not sure how most turbo setups install the second set of injectors, but mine are built into a custom built, alum body, which takes place of the stock rubber boots that bolt to the block. Where the injectors are placed i had to remove the top bolt that sandwiches the two throttle bodies together. The alum air box fits in the stock location. Ready rod ties it all together so it doesnt move. I asked my dealer to see what polaris could do for me, as the sled has only 1500miles. of course, because of the "turbo" they cant do a thing for me. Blaming it on the fact i dont have the upper support in place. Problem is, only one throttle body is worn, the pin that runs to the tps, through the butterfly has movement. I feel like i got a lemon part. The way the airbox and such is held together, there is no movement. My main goal is to not allow it to happen again. Any tips would be helpful.
P.s i cant figure out how to add pics on this web site, it wont allow my phone to attach them, any help on that would be great too. As i do have pics of the assembly and the way its all mounted.

What turbo kit , trying to find picture of how its all fits together ,

Top Bottom