Winter rated all seasons

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just discovered discount tire direct. Seems to have better prices than tirerack when you include the shipping pricing. As always, would be vastly cheaper if we were south of the border.

stusnow

Reaction score
any experience out there with the new Toyo AT2's? they also have an AT2 Extreme. aggresive AT tread with lots of sipe cuts

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, a major oilfield company sent out a notice regarding the high failure rate they were seeing on the Duratracs. Supposedly a lot of these trucks weren't in a highly abusive environment but were running gravel everyday. Don't shoot the messenger.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 310
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 307
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 304
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 308

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple more...

Attachments

• pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 317
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 313
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 315
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 306

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just discovered discount tire direct. Seems to have better prices than tirerack when you include the shipping pricing. As always, would be vastly cheaper if we were south of the border.

These guys are awesome if they have the rubber you're looking for. I actually got a killer deal on some Duratracs a few years ago through them right to the door.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite as vanilla as the stock ones. So far so good, not too loud either.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412998969.805879.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412998988.239116.jpg

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how much was the set of four? 20 or 18" rims? I might go the same route.

It was 1180 for the tires themselves, plus tax, install blah blah blah was 1360 all in.

18". (275/65r18). That was at Fountain Tire. Free flat repair, rotations, balances for the life of them.

The 'we won't be undersold' tire folks at Ford were around 1800.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any experience out there with the new Toyo AT2's? they also have an AT2 Extreme. aggresive AT tread with lots of sipe cuts

I'm running the extremes and I am very happy with them. They don't have the winter rating but still had lots of grip. Better then Goodyear silent armours that do have the snowflake. I have had tons of different at and mud tires I the winter and the best I come across were the duratracs. At2 extremes are perfect for what I use them for.
On a side note the duratracs and silent armours only balloon like that when that are at the end of there life or abused extremely in past experience.

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duratrac is the way to go! They are much quieter ( I have never noticed any noise from them) than the old style MTRs that I had and grip way better in all conditions. Very happily using my third set.

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, a major oilfield company sent out a notice regarding the high failure rate they were seeing on the Duratracs. Supposedly a lot of these trucks weren't in a highly abusive environment but were running gravel everyday. Don't shoot the messenger.

Had the same thing happen to me, not a good thing.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the Pro Comp extreme AT

I had them on my cummins. Didn't like them at all. I ended up selling them long before they were worn out, and bought a set of dick cepek fc2. I really like these tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggie30

Reaction score
Just threw on a set of toyo open country C/T I studded them as well.. there snow flake approved. 10 ply E load rated.. seem to be good so far.. pretty quite compared to my old nitto trail grappler. .

bds1

Reaction score
We run nothing but the Goodyear Duratracs 10 ply E Load on our fleet of half ton pickups here at work. The 10 ply might be overkill but we never get flat tires and we drive all the really bad oilfield roads in Alberta (i.e. Bigstone, Edson North Road, etc.). I just put a set of the P-Metrics 245 70R17 on my wife's SUV and the thing looks mean ($1089 installed all in). The P-Metrics still have the snow flake so they meet the winter rating for BC when needed and this truck is going to tear up the streets this winter. My truck is getting a new set of 10 plys on Monday, they only lasted 110,000 km, terrible lol. Probably could have gotten 150K if I wasn't pulling the holiday/Skidoo trailer all the time. These are the only tires I will ever buy. I see Kaltire now has a similar tread pattern on some knockoff brand but I see no reason to try them out since the last set of Kaltire Wild Countrys on the SUV cost me $950 got me only 45K. Junk. But that's just my opinion.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed a set of cooper atw's on my f150. They are what they consider a hybrid between a winter and and a all terrain, lots of siping and a good treadwear rating. I will report more on them once they see some miles and some snow.

Top Bottom