Winter brews clutch kits

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say give the mountain ramps a try if u wanna be cheap but i think the helix is what gives you the backshift but im not 100% sure of that i would check out djs website ibackshift.com and email him and ask if that will help with what your looking for

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say give the mountain ramps a try if u wanna be cheap but i think the helix is what gives you the backshift but im not 100% sure of that i would check out djs website ibackshift.com and email him and ask if that will help with what your looking for

I was just talking with Joey about his clutch kits and mountain ramps. He was saying the mountain ramps give a harder hit off the bottom and a bit more engine braking. It's more suited for the 3" track.

Nagzs

Reaction score
I had a roosterbuilt clutch kit on my 2014 xm last winter. Went through 3 belts in 500km! Took out clutch kit and haven't blew one yet, over 1000kms on my current belt.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a roosterbuilt clutch kit on my 2014 xm last winter. Went through 3 belts in 500km! Took out clutch kit and haven't blew one yet, over 1000kms on my current belt.
That says lots right there, not set up right

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just talking with Joey about his clutch kits and mountain ramps. He was saying the mountain ramps give a harder hit off the bottom and a bit more engine braking. It's more suited for the 3" track.

everytime i have talked to joe hes always been very helpfull always has a straight forward answer and his clutching has worked great for me that is why i always recomend people to talk to him. its way more frustrating when u get multiple different answers (especially when its people like me who are just guessing)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ask the same question. It's the question any clutch tuner who stands behind their product should be asking.

What does the stock clutching not do for you? Is the engagement too high? Not enough compression braking? Back shift too slow?

Without knowing what doesn't work well for you how can someone fix it. As far as it being a Winter brew ( rooster built ) kit, DJ kit, whatever, no one kit can meet everyone's needs. Some guys will claim a $400-500 kit makes a huge difference. Some don't notice much difference. The difference from when BRP was clutching pteks to now with etecs is night and day. They have figured out mountain sleds shouldn't be geared like drag sleds.

I have talked with Joey over the past several years since clutching my 04. He gets lots of praise from people on the forums. I like to look elsewhere now. Paul is a guy who rides the mountains. Sledding is a full time business for those guys. There are other guys like Deano on here who I have never talked to but hear great things about.

Don't be afraid to ride it stock and figure out what shortcomings you feel the sled has.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ask the same question. It's the question any clutch tuner who stands behind their product should be asking.

What does the stock clutching not do for you? Is the engagement too high? Not enough compression braking? Back shift too slow?

Without knowing what doesn't work well for you how can someone fix it. As far as it being a Winter brew ( rooster built ) kit, DJ kit, whatever, no one kit can meet everyone's needs. Some guys will claim a $400-500 kit makes a huge difference. Some don't notice much difference. The difference from when BRP was clutching pteks to now with etecs is night and day. They have figured out mountain sleds shouldn't be geared like drag sleds.

I have talked with Joey over the past several years since clutching my 04. He gets lots of praise from people on the forums. I like to look elsewhere now. Paul is a guy who rides the mountains. Sledding is a full time business for those guys. There are other guys like Deano on here who I have never talked to but hear great things about.

Don't be afraid to ride it stock and figure out what shortcomings you feel the sled has.
That's a mouth full right there Danny lol

Bit I agree 100%

My xm is the first sled , I left stock clutching ever.... 2700 km on the original belt , all mountain, hard km

A but better hill braking would be cool, but worried that if I try to get that, it will affect the snap, go and belt life

So I'm mabe going to try some ramps or something .... But leave it stock is what I'm going to bet I'm back too

I just get on and ride..... 500 for a clutch kit is 2 months sled gas.... Guess where the 500 is going

Brapppppp

Top Bottom