Who's got their own car hoist?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally after years of complaining. Finally have my own car lift.
Rortary 2 post symmetric 10000#
3 stage arms.

Anyone know of a website that will tell you the lifting points of all vehicles?
I know most trucks are self explanatory but it's the odd balls, Porsche ,Audi or Volkswagen etc?

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Miss my hoist I had at old acerage

Practice, pretty much cars and van that are unibody, the side bottom seams where body meets the floor, is the best place

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just missed one on kijiji this summer.I'm still pissed i didn't get it.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Miss my hoist I had at old acerage

Practice, pretty much cars and van that are unibody, the side bottom seams where body meets the floor, is the best place

I need to get a set of flat rubber pads as mine came with the stackable truck frame adaptors

Mine came with these

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or u turn them with the frame and the fingers lift on the frame

Exactly the same feet as my hoist at work

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally after years of complaining. Finally have my own car lift.
Rortary 2 post symmetric 10000#
3 stage arms.

Anyone know of a website that will tell you the lifting points of all vehicles?
I know most trucks are self explanatory but it's the odd balls, Porsche ,Audi or Volkswagen etc?
Find a friendly tire shop. They usually have the lifting points of most makes and models of vehicles as that's their main business.

I had a second rate tire shop jack the sons car to install a set of winter tires on his new car and they missed the jack points crushing two rocker panels.

Should have taken it to Sumric but was in a hurry so it ended up costing me an extra 1600 to get the damage repaired. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a friendly tire shop. They usually have the lifting points of most makes and models of vehicles as that's their main business.

I had a second rate tire shop jack the sons car to install a set of winter tires on his new car and they missed the jack points crushing two rocker panels.

Should have taken it to Sumric but was in a hurry so it ended up costing me an extra 1600 to get the damage repaired. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

If Ric had better service and traveled to Red Deer I'd do that too!! lol
Just kidding you can never go wrong with Ric!! Never officially meet him but we've had lots of deals back and forth over the years. Great to deal with!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd have one if my ceiling was taller. I am still thinking about buying one even for my machines. I have a bike/quad lift but it isn't great for the sxs.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd have one if my ceiling was taller. I am still thinking about buying one even for my machines. I have a bike/quad lift but it isn't great for the sxs.

Too bad , when I bought mine he had a 9000# Atlas scissor full rise lift too.
I bought it and flipped it in seconds!! They are great for that stuff.
Lots guys cut out concrete and re-pour a pad lower so lift is flush!! They are crazy $$ new. I paid $3000 and sold it for $4000 in 2 phone calls. But it was in excellent shape. I

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is damn near perfect for what I have to do now. If I set it up so I could control each one separately or together it would work well. It would give me more room in the garage

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Atlas one I sold was even shallower. But came with a price tag because of it.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Mohawk 9000lb two post. I bought it new and installed it in 2004. It came with a book that listed all makes of cars with diagrams of the lift points. I bought an updated book from them in 2012 with cars up to that year. I would think that your manufacturer should be able to provide something similar.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Mohawk 9000lb two post. I bought it new and installed it in 2004. It came with a book that listed all makes of cars with diagrams of the lift points. I bought an updated book from them in 2012 with cars up to that year. I would think that your manufacturer should be able to provide something similar.

Nice! Where did you find a Mohawk dealer? I tried to get pricing but it was too painful. Rotary and Challanger where my top 2... I almost went with the versametric Challanger.
IMO Mohawk Rotary or Challanger are the only ones I would own. And not any of their China cheaper versions ether.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice! Where did you find a Mohawk dealer? I tried to get pricing but it was too painful. Rotary and Challanger where my top 2... I almost went with the versametric Challanger.
IMO Mohawk Rotary or Challanger are the only ones I would own. And not any of their China cheaper versions ether.

I ordered mine from Luvan equipment in Winnipeg and had it shipped out. At the time they were the closest Canadian dealer. It's a very well built hoist and at the time was not a whole bunch more expensive. I went and looked at all the dealers here in Calgary and what I saw was no where near as well built. I also liked that it was clear floor and hydraulically equalized instead of using cables or chains.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was gona git my brother in law on here to comment on these lifts as he dose buiss all over in regards to lifts...
Anyway he's asked me if he could post...
Folks the brother in law Marc...
If you want a good lift for your dollar look at bend pac as they are Ali certified the same as all others so save your dollars

Top Bottom