BB2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 148
  • BB3.jpg
    BB3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 143

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what the heck! animals running towards the cammera then running away from the camera! the cammera man was standing in the middle of the road? brave! lol

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This is how it went down....but the outcome is unknown :d

Since his wife works at the Old Faithful clinic and Alex Wypyszinski, 63, works at the Old Faithful post office, he always has a couple of hours after he drops her off to shoot photographs. He's never without his camera.
That's a good thing, because on May 24 Wypyszinski shot a series of photos any professional photographer would give their eye teeth to have.
As Wypyszinski stepped out of his car to shoot some scenic photos of the steam rising off of the snow-shrouded banks of the Firehole River near Fountain Flats, he heard a strange sound - galloping. It took a moment for the source of the sound to appear - a grizzly bear chasing a wounded bison right down the middle of the paved road.
"At first I couldn't figure out what it was," he said in a telephone interview Friday from North Carolina where he was visiting family. "That bison was so beat up I thought that that bear had been munching on it awhile. But it had to be going 25 to 30 miles per hour when it went by me."
Wypyszinski said he thought about jumping on top of the car so he could keep shooting as the animals drew near. Instead, he hopped inside and shot through his car window as they raced past, seemingly unaware of his presence. Then Wypyszinski jumped out and shot more photos with a small Sony point-and-shoot camera.
"It was a heart thumper," he said.
Thankfully, he had proof of the unusual encounter or no one would have believed him. He printed up copies and hung them up at the post office in Old Faithful . Interpretive rangers told him the bison must have fallen into hot water, burning its skin and causing the large bare patches of skin.
Later, Wypyszinski entered one of the series of 14 photos in the employee photography contest and won first place, naturally.
"The young people are always telling me you have to go into the backcountry to get good photos, but that's not necessarily true," Wypyszinski said.
Sometimes, all you need is to have your camera ready at just the right time.

Attachments

• BB4.jpg
    BB4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 143

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
"Wypiszinski says once in the safety of the woods the bison out maneuvered the grizzly, escaping to live exactly one more day.

Park rangers had to put the bison down due to the injuries it sustained.

Wypiszinski said the whole event was over just as quickly as it happened."

Apparently the injuries to the Bison are burns from hot spots in the park not injuries from the bear....

Definately a once in a lifetime sight....

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk about a bad day .................. burned in a forest fire! chased by a bear! finally make it to safety only to be shot by wardens!! :nono:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
its not the first thing that was reported that was a farce

Your right, but given how easy it would be to detect a fabrication especially given the number of digital tech guys by a place like CNN and so forth, I figure they would cover thier azz given the simplicity.... then again maybe I'm wrong, because your right probably only 25% of mainstream media is fact based...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
There is shadows...... Look closely. The bear bulk center of gravity is closer to the ground so it will leave a bigger/darker shadow........ Bison bulk/center of gravity is 4 feet off the ground, so it will leave a much smaller shadow...... I've seen the full footage in an e-mail. I would suspect the bear finally caught the bison??? Like work2ride said, go hibernate already!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is shadows...... Look closely. The bear bulk center of gravity is closer to the ground so it will leave a bigger/darker shadow........ Bison bulk/center of gravity is 4 feet off the ground, so it will leave a much smaller shadow...... I've seen the full footage in an e-mail. I would suspect the bear finally caught the bison??? Like work2ride said, go hibernate already!!!!
the buffalo escaped as Bogg mentioned, but was put down by the wardens because his injuries he sustained either in a hot pool or geyser. wicked pics for sure

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do why does the bear leave a shadow and the buffalo doesnt

if you look real close at a few of the pics the buffalo does have a shadow, just alot smaller cause its main mass is higher from the road where as the bear is a bit wider, i don't know, just what it looks like to me.

pretty sure i would need to clean out my pants if i saw that convoy rollin towards me tho...:eek:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you look real close at a few of the pics the buffalo does have a shadow, just alot smaller cause its main mass is higher from the road where as the bear is a bit wider, i don't know, just what it looks like to me.

pretty sure i would need to clean out my pants if i saw that convoy rollin towards me tho...:eek:

couple of things with his story he says it happened at 7 am in april isnt it a little bright for that time of day and what is going to cast the shadow
at that time of day ... food for thought

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
couple of things with his story he says it happened at 7 am in april isnt it a little bright for that time of day and what is going to cast the shadow
at that time of day ... food for thought

you probably don't believe in santa either...... hater...

Bwahahahahahahaha
:d:beer:

Top Bottom