Whitecourt

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jan 24 08

All trails are open and in good condition with 10cm of new snow in the past week. Accumulation to date is 46.5 cm. Trail grooming is ongoing.

Caution is advised at all creek crossings and throughout the area as industrial activities continue. Logging and seismic activities are ongoing on the Golden Triangle Trail west and north of Letter "K" on the route map.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a group of us heading up your way from Edmonton early Saturday morning. We were thinking the Swan Hills area. Any suggestions from a couple of locals as to where we can find some nice snow. We have never been up that way so any help would be appreciated.

W O T

Reaction score
There are three of us heading out that way today. We plan on skipping out of work early, heading up to Swan Hills tonight, get a early start tomorrow. We haven't been up there before, we are just :rolleyes:going to try our luck. Taking a '08 800 Renegade,l '08 800 Crossfire, and mine( a worn out 700 P. Spec. vintage '99)

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
There is a group of us heading up your way from Edmonton early Saturday morning. We were thinking the Swan Hills area. Any suggestions from a couple of locals as to where we can find some nice snow. We have never been up that way so any help would be appreciated.

If you are headed to Swanhills, go past town on hwy 32 about 1.5 - 2kms. 3/4 of the way up the hill just out of town, there is a road off to the left (Devon Road) if you go in there to about km 22 - 24 there is some good snow in there. I haven't been there for a couple of weeks, I am not sure if it's tracked up or not. The other option is the Virgina Hills area toward foxcreek on hwy 43 about 40 kms from Whitecourt on the right. There's good signage on the highway. Anywhere between there and Foxcreek should yeild some good snow. I hope this helps.

Thebigm:thumbsup2:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
pretty good but the snow was a little skinny. We did find some nice lines that were awsome, no other tracks in there about 2 feet of snow with no base. We went out behind the K3 plant. Won't be going back without another foot of snow. How was your ride?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was good,main logging road from km** is beat but we found a bunch of stuff that hadn't been touched or had a foot since last rode. Ended up way over on the north side of the valley theres enough snow to play in amongst the trees in lots of places. Had a good day. Was snowing fairly good north of the staging area when we left.

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From KM ** or so to KM ** on the G****e T***r road there are drifts on the north side of the road that are higher than the cab or your truck, it's cool.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
From KM 15 or so to KM 20 on the Goose Tower road there are drifts on the north side of the road that are higher than the cab or your truck, it's cool.

I demand :pics: of these monster drifts!!!!

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was good,main logging road from km29 is beat but we found a bunch of stuff that hadn't been touched or had a foot since last rode.

How many untouched places do you expect LOCAL sledders to find now that you've posted directions on the web?

I prefer not to have to take my kids 3 hours away to sled fresh snow, untrampled by 100 sleds a weekend.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many untouched places do you expect LOCAL sledders to find now that you've posted directions on the web?

I prefer not to have to take my kids 3 hours away to sled fresh snow, untrampled by 100 sleds a weekend.

lots and lots.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's good, because I heard a few people are no longer going to discuss their spots with you.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Hey Summiteer after the weekend when it warms up, a few of us LOCALS are going to tear it up, out near that secret spot right beside that cut-line, you know near that creek. (wink,wink) Do you wanna come along? But keep it on the downlow cause we don't want to share our SPORT with anyone.:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom