Whitecourt

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summiteer... thanks for the update... could you keep posting here anytime you get more snow up there? I have a group of guys that are dying to get back up to Whitecourt as soon as there is enough snow. We had a blast there last year.

Suppossed to snow there tonight... we'll see... let us know, Thanks.:)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summiteer... thanks for the update... could you keep posting here anytime you get more snow up there? I have a group of guys that are dying to get back up to Whitecourt as soon as there is enough snow. We had a blast there last year.

Suppossed to snow there tonight... we'll see... let us know, Thanks.:)
I dunno....I mean if you are coming......I feel a big melt coming on....:Cla::Cla::Cla:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In fact it is snowing as we speak. If we get the 10cm forcast tonight and tomorrow, the -12C and sunny sunday will be a good day to ride. Groomer was moved today, with snow this weekend Alex will be grooming next week.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still snowing, looks like we got a little better than 2" over night in town, not sure about north of here.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warnings
Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills
4:33 AM MST Saturday 19 January 2008
Snowfall warning for
Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills issued

Additional snowfall accumulation of 10 cm today.

A low pressure system developing in the Grande Prairie area has produced between 4 to 8 cm of snow overnight in the Whitecourt, Hinton and Grande Prairie regions. Another 5 to 10 cm of snow is forecast today before the system moves quickly southeastward into Montana tonight.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warnings
Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills
4:33 AM MST Saturday 19 January 2008
Snowfall warning for
Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills issued

Additional snowfall accumulation of 10 cm today.

A low pressure system developing in the Grande Prairie area has produced between 4 to 8 cm of snow overnight in the Whitecourt, Hinton and Grande Prairie regions. Another 5 to 10 cm of snow is forecast today before the system moves quickly southeastward into Montana tonight.

It's about friggen time :)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL :D Next time I'm up there I'm looking for an '06 Summit, any '06 Summit and I'm putting sugar in the fuel tank! :D:D

I thought that Whitecourt people were oh so friendly? :p
Um, oh yeah, its a red one...not the blue.....:D
We're friendly, just not enough snow this year so I don't want to share.
Heavy snowfall warning was a load of crap. Stopped snowing about 09:00 this A.M. We did get about 6" new this week though. went out for a couple of hours today. Not enough to be comfortable on the cutlines, there is absolutely no base. Trails are o.k. not great, once the groomer makes a pass this week they'll be alot better.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um, oh yeah, its a red one...not the blue.....:D
We're friendly, just not enough snow this year so I don't want to share.
Heavy snowfall warning was a load of crap. Stopped snowing about 09:00 this A.M. We did get about 6" new this week though. went out for a couple of hours today. Not enough to be comfortable on the cutlines, there is absolutely no base. Trails are o.k. not great, once the groomer makes a pass this week they'll be alot better.

Ok... I'm lookin for the Blue one!

6" is better than nothing I guess... too bad the forecast turned out to be bogus :mad: Thanks for posting the news.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grooming commenced Yesterday. Trail from town to the Athabasca cabin and over to the staging area done yesterday. Depending on the drivers schedult most of the trails north of town should be done for this weekend. I'll post the progress Thursday

summit800hm

Reaction score
Thinking about coming up that way on sunday where can a person buy a trailpass and trail map?

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about coming up that way on sunday where can a person buy a trailpass and trail map?

On Sunday you can get trail passes and maps at the IGA or the Esso, both along highway 43 through Whitecourt. You will come to the IGA first, turn to your right towards Canadian Tire. The Esso is a little farther along on the left side of the highway. Most of the trails have been groomed this week in the areas North of Whitecourt. I am going for a ride tomorrow and will post more info when I get back. I will also let everyone know what has all been groomed before the weekend.

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
I have a spot picked out Mike but maybe too much snow in there for the Nytro's sorry. :rollinglaugh:

My Nytro's just getting out of the hospital from the last trip. Where is this area that is gonna make my Nytro nervous? I think the last time we rode togther yours was going backwards strapped to a Yamaha for a while. I'll bring some ratchet straps so you can get home. LMAO:PDT_kap::stretcher:

thebigm

Top Bottom