Whitecourt Trailblazers fall 'Activities'

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
October 21: First monthly Trailblazers meeting at Roadhouse upstairs; 7:30 pm; everyone welcome.

October 23-25: Alberta Snowmobile Association show, awards banquet, and general meeting; in Edmonton. The ASA show in Edmonton is the annual sled and atv show where Whitecourt has a booth and will be selling trail passes and raffle tickets on the Ski-doo. If anyone can volumnteer an hour or two to work the booth please call Ken at 780-778-0043

November 7+8 and 14+15: Annual Trail cleaning begins; meet for breakfast at 8am at Roadhouse Restaurant

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will also be looking for a few guys interested in trail cleaning on Remberance Day - Nov. 11.:)

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Roadhouse @ 8:00 - called them and they will be open for breaky - P.I.T. is buying :d:d:d

Ya Maybe We will have to rock, paper, sissors for it :D

Kyle and I were out on the trail this past Friday and the trail to the Groat creek cabin was a mess just after the airport, we cleaned up some but just after the airport there were quite a few large trees down

Need to get together and work on your sled or quad one evening:gathering: :beer: :party2:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weekend Fun and fitness....
Just a reminder that we will be having our first trail cleaning weekend this one coming up Nov 7/8, meet at the Roadhouse Restaurant at 7:30ish Saturday and Sunday. There will also be guys going out on the 11th for those with that day off. Quads and chainsaws are handy but there are guys with Rhinos that have empty seats and we need throwers as well as Sawyers
Same again every weekend until the trails are done......

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mitch you guys are after the same people as us. Everyone wants to cut few like to chuck. 2 chuckers 1 sawer. Works best when you get that. Good luck with your trail clearing work. Show some before and after pics. People dont get what needs to be done by clubs every year just to ride the trails easily. Fort Sask. have a short wooded area to ride in but that even takes us a couple of days to clear I could not imagine what you guys go thru to clean your trails of deadfall.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mitch you guys are after the same people as us. Everyone wants to cut few like to chuck. 2 chuckers 1 sawer. Works best when you get that. Good luck with your trail clearing work. Show some before and after pics. People dont get what needs to be done by clubs every year just to ride the trails easily. Fort Sask. have a short wooded area to ride in but that even takes us a couple of days to clear I could not imagine what you guys go thru to clean your trails of deadfall.

Easier day throwing than swinging a saw all day......I'm kind of dreading what we'll find with so many trees still with leaves and snow. Not to mention all the wind this summer. Good of you guys going to help Swan Hills out they have alot of ground to cover and nnot many troops...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More than we deserved, I think, 6 or 7. It was a busy year last year.....this year too with the new trail development.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who showed up this past weekend for trail cleaning - 34 volunteers on Saturday and 17 on Sunday. We covered alot of ground but still have more to go. We will be heading out again on Wednesday, November 11 meeting at 7:30 @ the Roadhouse for breakfast. We will hopefully finish up this weekend if we get another turn out like last weekend.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great to hear you had a good turnout. Always lots to ride the trail sometimes hard to get numbers to clear the trail. Good work Whitecourt. Snowmobile Capital of Alberta(right after The fort) :)

Top Bottom