which helmet cam is recommended...

sunshine

Reaction score
Looking at a Ghost HD helmet cam cause all Go Pro's are sold out in Edmonton, so wondering if anyone has a Ghost HD and what it is like compared to a Go Pro? Is going to be a Christmas present for son, and I don't know whether to wait for the Go Pros to come in in the new year.:confused:

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are Go pros on ebay write now!shipping would be faster than you think most times.GP black write now for 340.00 plus shipping maybe 25-30 dollars.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have a ghost. It works good. I use it for dirt biking and to be honest I broke two of them this summer and am on my third now. I'm not sure if they're junk or if it's just me bashing them off trees. Both have been on warranty and my dealer just keeps handing me new ones when I bring in the broken ones? But the quality of video is good for sure.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my drift hd it's not the ghost but the ghost is a model newer and better is recommend the drift and the LCD screen is a nice feature

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent used the new gopro cam I have the first gopro hero then bought the drift ... love it ... awesome pic and also if you want to do play back on the hill you can with sound ... also not sure if there was any truth to it but I also heard the new gopro kinda screwed with beacons .. might be worth looking into

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a drift hd like it a lot it's nice that I can view vids on the hill and they do stand behind their product. The first one I had bought had a small rattling inside I called the the place I ordered in from I believe it was launch helmet cams in bc. I told them the camera worked but had a rattle inside and they said I can use it and they will send me a new one with prepaid return postage for the old one. The ghost has some really sweat options.

Sent from my iPhone using

Korey

Reaction score
If you can get the ghost-s its better recording in 1080p then the standard ghost model

superduty 348

Reaction score
If you ride in the trees a lot get the contour it fits nice and close to the helmet. I use both, they both have there pros and cons.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mounting system is what originally kept me away from the go-pro. 4 of us in my group have different cameras from drift (including the Ghost) All have been excellent.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried Contour, GoPro and Drift. Jury is out and the Drift Ghost is the top pick. Unless the user is super savy with software and editting the GoPro can be frustrating but top shelf vid once it is understood. HARD on batteries I found and upgraded to multiply battery packs. Again Drift worked better then the three. FYI Contour is no more so don't buy if you find a deal. Not much of a deal if you can't find stuff.

Mounts on the drift are great too, as for comments on smashing stuff in the trees....play hard you are going to break stuff. The drift has the wrist band control too, nothing more frustrating then editing out video of your buddies checking to make sure you are recording before you take off.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whatever one has the best battery review... friggan go pro always going dead. Need the extended battery bak i guess.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sport check is getting a bunch more go pros before Christmas and they will be 20% off on the 21st!! Best deal out there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom