Which exhaust, air kit, and programer

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge 3500 dually with 6.7

Okay I'm finally ready, am tired of only getting 600 to 700 km to a 120 L tank running empty and maybe 450 to 500 km pulling 14,000 lbs...

So which exhaust kit, DFP block kit, Air kit and programer.

Just want better mileage and more power when towing so a simple programer with read outs would be nice.

And where is the best place to purchase.....any shops on here would like some business?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flow Pro 4" or 5" TBE made in Blackfalds
mega cannon or S&B
H&S... I'm going with the Blackmax or u can go with a Edge both great IMO...you decide
go to
tell him you live close to balckfalds and he wont charge you shipping or tax.
I have a used S&B shape nothing wrong with it I'll sell ya for $150.00

I think I'm going the 4" TBE as I think the 5" is not going to make the differance for me...I'm not racing from light to light.
as for deletes I like the H&S stuff not rocket science to make these but I like the fit and finish of the H&S stuff....IMO

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either H&S w/5''turbo back I prefer magnaflow over any other the fit and finish quality is really really nice I've seen a few flopro ones go horribly wrong same with some mbrp diesel systems then either afe stage 2 w/proguard 7 filter or the S&B bother are excellent intakes I have sold many of both of these and can honestly tell you that they work very well! I watched a 2010 cummins w/H&S mini maxx s&B intake magnaflow 5'' run on the dyno and made 397 wheel power that is a consistent 135 wheel horsepower gain so that is impressive. smarty is another good chip but you would need to buy a set of gauges or just an edge cts monitor. if you dont change your exhaust and just do the dpf delete pipe u can save some money as the cummins will already have a 4'' system on it. if u need any info talk to these guys talk to vinny he is awesome great customer service awesome prices Diesel Performance: Discount Truck Accessories & Performance Parts, Buy Chevy, GM, Dodge & Ford Truck Parts, Air Intake Filters & Exhaust Systems, Fuel Tanks, Mounts, Gauges & Injectors Online

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either h&s w/5''turbo back i prefer magnaflow over any other the fit and finish quality is really really nice i've seen a few flopro ones go horribly wrong same with some mbrp diesel systems then either afe stage 2 w/proguard 7 filter or the s&b bother are excellent intakes i have sold many of both of these and can honestly tell you that they work very well! I watched a 2010 cummins w/h&s mini maxx s&b intake magnaflow 5'' run on the dyno and made 397 wheel power that is a consistent 135 wheel horsepower gain so that is impressive. Smarty is another good chip but you would need to buy a set of gauges or just an edge cts monitor. If you dont change your exhaust and just do the dpf delete pipe u can save some money as the cummins will already have a 4'' system on it. If u need any info talk to these guys talk to vinny he is awesome great customer service awesome prices diesel performance: Discount truck accessories & performance parts, buy chevy, gm, dodge & ford truck parts, air intake filters & exhaust systems, fuel tanks, mounts, gauges & injectors online

^^^^dido^^^^

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go a 09 F350 with Flo Pro 5" straight pipe from the downpipe back with a Spartan proggramer and a S&B intake it works awesome good power and fuel mileage is unbelieveable for a 1 ton truck!!!!!! I got it from rudy's truck performance in the states talk to Aaron. It was way cheaper to buy there then in canada even with the dollar converted, they have sweet deals

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya spartan is nice on the f350! But H&S is the best for dodge and efi live is the best for chev! the beauty of H&S is it comes factory with 5 tunes then you can do custom tune building like the chev's efi live! if your gonna do the exhaust do it rite and grab the magnaflow w/the weld on tip it is by far the best fit and finish of any exhaust and I have seen and run all of them!! I pull parts out of the states all day everyday so i'll give them a ring see what a few different packages would run ya!! flo pro is good for the price wise of things but like the saying goes "you get what you pay for" seen way to many of them fall apart or not come Complete to make me buy one again

smokindiesel

Reaction score
I've done a ton of theese DPF deletes. I like the smarty for tunning, but it won't work on the 2010s yet. H and S is not a bad product and I would rate them right behind smarty. I have heard some bad stories about the edge for DPF deletes so i'd stay away from them. As far as exhuast goes, Try to find a stainless system, they are pretty cheap now and can be found for the same price as alumminized. I find all the brands are hit and miss with fitment, they all do dodge pretty good but theres a lot of room for exhaust pipe under a dodge. Stick with the 4 inch exhaust, 5 inch will not flow any more than the 4, but it will sound loader and cost more. I recomend S and B or AFE(AFE is my top choice). H and S delete plates seam to be the nicest on the market and i would recomend them.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a Magnaflow 5" turbo back system on my 6.7 CTD...part number 15986. Running a few programmer devices. Installed an AFE CAI system to help it breath better. Blocking off the EGR really helped for fuel economy. Lots of other tricks but the main mods for fuel economy were to open up the exhaust, give it more clean fresh air and block off the EGR.

I have a Shibby Engineering EGR delete kit and also an H&S stage 1 DPF delete kit for sale. I have tried many different combinations of parts for the 6.7 CTD. There are more and more options available for the 6.7 as the aftermarket is finally catching up. When I added the stage 1 delete kit from H&S my fuel economy went up a solid 3 mpg empty and when towing. PM me if you would like some more info on modifying your 6.7 for better fuel economy.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya H&S stepped up big time they made the mini maxx and made a wicked nice lookin and performing egr delete kit w/some new tranny tunning that really brought these trucks to life H&S mini maxx,afe intake,magnaflow 5'' turbo back and egr delete will do wonders for you

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I got you some prices on some goodies for your truck:

-H&S Mini Maxx W/egt probes $977.14

afe STAGE 2 powerpack W/2 filters,intercooler tube,oil filter,and filter restore kit $569.12

H&S egr &cooler delete kit $145.68

FL PRO 5'' TURBO BACK STAINLESS NO TIP $347.19

TOTAL=$2048.13 MOST OF IT WILL BE ROUGHLY 2 DAYS TO GET TO ME SO AT MOST A WEEK

I have the Flo pro listed on here cause i can get them and they are the lowest priced but can get magnaflow,mbrp,banks,silverline,diamond eye every company

Last edited:

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a good deal on my Magnaflow kit but I really wanted a Silverline 5" 301 stainless system. They cost more but will look a lot nicer after a few seasons than what I have now. PM me your phone number as I live really close.

Top Bottom