Where to ride with some inexperienced riders?

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
I am planning on making a trip up to Valmount either later this spring or next winter, with my kids. I was just wondering what areas are good for decent riders with little mountain riding experience. We have riden some decent little hills that they have gotten good at traversing. I am just wondering what areas I should avoid due to the terrain being an advanced to expert level only. Want the kids to have fun and gain some more skills on this trip. Not be filling there shorts because they aren't ready for the area. Was thinking Clemina creek and maybe Allen Creek.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am planning on making a trip up to Valmount either later this spring or next winter, with my kids. I was just wondering what areas are good for decent riders with little mountain riding experience. We have riden some decent little hills that they have gotten good at traversing. I am just wondering what areas I should avoid due to the terrain being an advanced to expert level only. Want the kids to have fun and gain some more skills on this trip. Not be filling there shorts because they aren't ready for the area. Was thinking Clemina creek and maybe Allen Creek.

start at allen and stick around the cabin good place to start.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO Allen is not a great place for rookies. Decent, but not great, because if you want to go any farther than the cabin you have to go through the sloped tree transition, which is fairly challenging and risky for rookies. Clemina the rookies can get farther in without tackling anything challenging. Chappel they can get well into as well.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for considering Valemount. Give me call any Wednesday or Thursday and Id be happy to answer all of your questions. Im sure your family will have a blast here.

Top Bottom