Where to go around nordegg

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey me and some friends are heading out to nordegg this aug long. We usually camp at big horn but we are looking to switch it up this time where is there another good place to random camp with lots of trails? Oh ya we have also been to saunders but were looking for somewhere new any ideas?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u could go up the camp 15 road [ harlick road ] its right by the harlick camp ground kitchen..... go 5 km to a y, then turn right at the y and go5-7 km more..... do lots of skidooin up in there..... many trails......

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u could go up the camp 15 road [ harlick road ] its right by the harlick camp ground kitchen..... go 5 km to a y, then turn right at the y and go5-7 km more..... do lots of skidooin up in there..... many trails......

were exatcly is that is it before or after nordegg and on wich side of the highway?

grizzly se

Reaction score
An awesome spot is South on the trunk road down to the river, some area on south side of river , more room on the North side ,right at the power lines. You can ride all down the river.:beer::beer:

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that sounds not bad, so the river your talking about would be the north sask right. is there lots of random camping around there?

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
My friends and I are thinking about checking out the ram falls area. It's about 60 kms from Nordegg. Is there random camping in the area? How is the quadding? Mantained trails?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cannot ride or even start your quads in the ram falls camp ground. there are a few trails in the area, only you are limited in areas west of the trunk road. GET a FLUZ Map from the forestry, shows where you can and cannot ride. if caught in non riding areas you will be the proud owner of some meet me at the court room papers.

hummingbird trails are open after july 1, stay on trails, and watch out for the horsey ch!t crowd. trails east of forestry road are generally open, again check with forestry for updates.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
harlick is before nordeg.......... its just after the sanders look out road.... all the trails and stuff kind of go behind mount baldy.....

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
harlick is before nordeg.......... its just after the sanders look out road.... all the trails and stuff kind of go behind mount baldy.....

Is it random camping around there? Also is that on the north side the of the highway?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya there is random camping all up in there and yes on the north side of highway 11

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a very popular spot, are there lots of people usually camped out that way or will we have to leave early friday or even thursday to get a good spot?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think so..... i have only quaded on day trips..... and done many many skidooin days trips there.... but have never camped there..... the wife likes campin by a creek so we normaly go west of caroline - south fork areas campin...

Top Bottom