Where do the Spark plugs go.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new Summit T3 and I was wondering if there is a spot to put the sPare spark plugs?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No point having spare plugs if you don't pack the handful of tools you need to change them. Plugs are good for at least 6000 KM, since most guys don't put that many km on in a season just check them pre season.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree that spares are unnecessary.
If do wish to carry some anyway, make sure you have the correct tools to fit in the tight space they are located. Changing them is not as easy as you would think.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure the posters that say it is unnecessary to carry the plugs are right, however if you are in the habit of carrying plugs when on a two stroke in the sticks as I am. Then just wrap a pair in in the OEM box tightly in duct tape and throw them in the glove box or tool kit. I have wraped a sufficient amount of duct tape around them to be able to use the tape if needed on the trail. I suppose after I care them around for a few years I will probably join the new age and find anouther way to bring my duct tape.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A plug will foul and it was shown on the 2015's in the beginning of the winter. As stated above, get the tools that will do the job and put them in the tool kit. Notice that there is not a plug wrench with the standard tools anymore. That plug wrench won't fit in the tight space. I like Summitric's idea of a plastic box or you can get an angled piece of aluminum with two spark plug holes in it with the proper threads and rivet it onto something. Both would work great.

Keith something that I have noticed this year is the failure of the glue on duct tape. I broke off the brake reservoir and had no electrical tape (I found that electrical works earlier in the year) to cover the bottom hole. Someone got out the duct tape and there was no stickum remaining. Don't know how long it was in his pack but threw it out there just for a word of warning.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I just bought a new Summit T3 and I was wondering if there is a spot to put the sPare spark plugs?

If you know how to properly index a plug... carry spares. If you don't.... dont bother.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
A plug will foul and it was shown on the 2015's in the beginning of the winter. As stated above, get the tools that will do the job and put them in the tool kit. Notice that there is not a plug wrench with the standard tools anymore. That plug wrench won't fit in the tight space. I like Summitric's idea of a plastic box or you can get an angled piece of aluminum with two spark plug holes in it with the proper threads and rivet it onto something. Both would work great.

Keith something that I have noticed this year is the failure of the glue on duct tape. I broke off the brake reservoir and had no electrical tape (I found that electrical works earlier in the year) to cover the bottom hole. Someone got out the duct tape and there was no stickum remaining. Don't know how long it was in his pack but threw it out there just for a word of warning.

You know we really need snow when someones only complaint for a year is the failure of his duct tape. lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you know how to properly index a plug... carry spares. If you don't.... dont bother.
I agree, but if ur way out and chits a plug, then to install one to get back is just fine

Then when u get back u can index the plug

It's not do or die , it will still run all day not indexed right... Just may have burbles ect.... Still I've tried both ways and road just for giggles.... Never noticed a difference one bit

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I agree, but if ur way out and chits a plug, then to install one to get back is just fine

Then when u get back u can index the plug

It's not do or die , it will still run all day not indexed right... Just may have burbles ect.... Still I've tried both ways and road just for giggles.... Never noticed a difference one bit
True... You also could have just gotten lucky and they were CLOSE ENOUGH... Ive seen one spit and sputter pretty bad when they are put in pointing backwards.
But I agree.. in a pinch it will limp it out... Or run it out who knows.. all a gamble.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Un related topic. Doo any of you doo guys mess with the stock clutching?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True... You also could have just gotten lucky and they were CLOSE ENOUGH... Ive seen one spit and sputter pretty bad when they are put in pointing backwards.
But I agree.. in a pinch it will limp it out... Or run it out who knows.. all a gamble.

Mark your spare plugs with a sharpie before they go in your tool kit. Not that hard to get them right on the mountain.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No point having spare plugs if you don't pack the handful of tools you need to change them. Plugs are good for at least 6000 KM, since most guys don't put that many km on in a season just check them pre season.
I Just worked on a 2013 800e with 1800km he was complaining it was running rich the plugs were DONE gap was 64th ? So I would keep eye on them I've changed a lot plugs in E-tecs this year.

Top Bottom