What's your Favorite Sled Movie or Segment of Sled Movie

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow is almost all gone around home, just when it was starting to setup. So I guess I'm back to watching movies till I can get out to the mountains. So who has the best segments of the sled films. Mine is definatly Geoff Kyle's segment in slednecks 12, every time I watch it, it makes me want to load up and head out.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014-12-12-09-30-10.jpg
The complete sledding segment on the snow ball express movie! Classic!!

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Top pick from the new crop of vids: Winter Project - any segment (this movie is so good its hard to put in to words. it got me pumped to go riding, it's amazing)
Best golden Oldie : Slednecks 3 (Canada segment - Dewar riding out a cornice avalanche to Aces High! awesome.)

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the first sled films I ever saw was thunderstruck 7 and I still love it to this day. 509 volume 6,7,8 are also great as well as all three fourcast films.

Favourite segment is tough. Cory Micku from slednecks 14, Turcotte's chute drop in Slednecks 15, Geoff Kyle in Slednecks 11, and pretty much any backcountry clip of Keith Curtis.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best golden Oldie : Slednecks 3 (Canada segment - Dewar riding out a cornice avalanche to Aces High! awesome.)

That's the first sled video I ever watched. Also the first time I heard Maiden.

Anything one needs to know about history he can learn from Iron Maiden.

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fourcast is my favorite to date .
I didn't know there was a Fourcast 3 vid, I'll have to check it out.

i was impressed with Winter Project ...it was well done... I like to have a story to go with the epic screen shots

XanderKane

Reaction score
Counter balance had some real good shots, very strangely edited however. Can't forget Stephen Darcy in either 509 volume 9 or counter balance, solid dude on a sled.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven't seen winter project yet. its on the need to see list for sure though

I thought forcast 3 sucked. no.2 was awesome and I was stoked to see 3 but I thought it had too much crap and not enough riding. I don't care about your boat ride!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fave, especially with headphones on and the tunes cranked is Bret Rasmussen's segment in Schooled 4! Super super love that one..still to this day. Music plays a huge part of my sled flick enjoyment..
I love Boondockers 8 for the riding, and also the soundtrack.
This year's Betties adventures left many people without a dry eye. One of our riders from Kaslo, Andrea Hand, and Heidi and Dianne from Fruitvale took out a woman
who can no longer walk unassisted. into the back country due to the systemic autoimmune disease she was stricken with. It really puts things, life into perspective. Here is an excerpt from the Bettie Blog written by Heidi Henke
This was no ordinary day of sledding on Meadow mt. This day was filled with lots of huge smiles from ear to ear, high adrenaline moments and excitement that you and I may take for granted on a sunny bluebird day, but on this particular day all this excitement was being experienced by a very special young lady friend of ours who was stricken with a systemic autoimmune disease in her early twenties and has left her wheelchair bound. She was an avid skier/snowboarder, played woman's hockey along with many other sporting events. Courtney Allen was also a Nurse/Paramedic as well, I had the privilege of working with her as a Paramedic and that's where I met this special lady. Just before she was diagnosed I had asked her to come snowmobiling with me but it never worked out. Then a couple of years later even after her diagnosis I asked her again if would she be up to it and Courtney said the biggest yes but can we make it work because I can't stand on my own. I said if you feel up to it we can make it work. And that was the beginning of her snowmobiling adventures. Yesterday was her third time snowmobiling, but also her biggest adventure to date thanks to our good friend Andrea Hand and MainJet Motor Sport for supplying the snowmobile and guidance for her to ride. Courtney also got to experience some filming for the Bettie's Power Sports Network which she thoroughly enjoyed. Courtney Allen is a huge inspiration to others and has proven that anything is possible if you choose to not give up.

10271351_10151971928866467_4001954549882779816_o.jpg

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For u james bond fans........ Directly from the Hollywood screen to Revelstoke! This was the prototype Rev in the 2002 Die Another Day. Not a sled flick but I like to bring this picture of Dusty out any chance I get LOL

Attachments

• james bond.jpg
    james bond.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Trying to "reply with quote" to Trashy's post and video "Breathe". Something is broken again. I can't reply with quote as the reply box is all black and there is no room for typing.

I love that video also. Funny thing, when I try to load it, "it is not available in my country".......interesting?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Trying to "reply with quote" to Trashy's post and video "Breathe". Something is broken again. I can't reply with quote as the reply box is all black and there is no room for typing.

I love that video also. Funny thing, when I try to load it, "it is not available in my country".......interesting?

​But now it is working.........really interesting?? Still can't watch it in my country....:d

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the oldies. Slednecks 1,2, and 3. The Alticity series is good and really like Boondockers II. The Breathe video is also watched several times a year!

Top Bottom