Whats with newer Dodge trucks with fog lights??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is it with the newer dodges and the fog lights. Do they not shut off? Every dam one you see has them on and they are bright little buggers.
The other trucks are not as bad but you can pick these out in the oncoming traffic due to how bright they are. Worse with the lifted trucks.
Do they help for the driver or is just that they are on all the time.
I have them on 2012 GMC but never us them as they don't do anything for the driver and don't think others need to see i have them.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because the dodge headlights are a piece of piss. Even with bright bulbs they still suck. Chevy headlights are way better.

X2. I'm usually the first one to bitch about guys and their fog lights, but the headlights on my Dodge are such a piece of sh!t, (even with PIA bulbs) I have no choice but to leave them on....a flashlight out the window would be a huge improvement.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2. I'm usually the first one to bitch about guys and their fog lights, but the headlights on my Dodge are such a piece of sh!t, (even with PIA bulbs) I have no choice but to leave them on....a flashlight out the window would be a huge improvement.

With or without a gun..:confused:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is true about dodge headlights and I only get flashed when I have fogs on lol,

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said, it's cause the headlights suck. My 2012 doesn't have fog lights, but I'm going to be buying some aftermarket ones very soon.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they will turn them off when they get to the b.c border
The police and dot are not near as anal about fog lights, they usually only write tickets for them when the driver of the vehicle beaks off a bit.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is it with the newer dodges and the fog lights. Do they not shut off? Every dam one you see has them on and they are bright little buggers.
The other trucks are not as bad but you can pick these out in the oncoming traffic due to how bright they are. Worse with the lifted trucks.
Do they help for the driver or is just that they are on all the time.
I have them on 2012 GMC but never us them as they don't do anything for the driver and don't think others need to see i have them.
The fog lights are really nice to look at when the truck has a sled or tidy tank in the back, they seem to point strait at your eyes.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because the dodge headlights are a piece of piss. Even with bright bulbs they still suck. Chevy headlights are way better.

No kidding you would think that sometime in the last nearly 20 yrs dodge would have figured out how to build a headlight that was better than a candle on the bumper they have had chirpy lights forever now

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted 4 lights on my bumper because of them. I don't have the factory fogs. I have a set of driving lights aimed low that really light up the road but don't bother other drivers. Never had anyone flash me when they are on. The others are spot and good for long distances but only get used when I am on dirt roads in the booneys. I did seen some bonehead New Years Eve driving through the city with his headlights, fog lights and a rigid light bar on. Fawking tard.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted 4 lights on my bumper because of them. I don't have the factory fogs. I have a set of driving lights aimed low that really light up the road but don't bother other drivers. Never had anyone flash me when they are on. The others are spot and good for long distances but only get used when I am on dirt roads in the booneys. I did seen some bonehead New Years Eve driving through the city with his headlights, fog lights and a rigid light bar on. Fawking tard.

What lights did you get, and where did you mount them?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all made by explorer. Bought from a buddy who had extras. I would have to do some searching for model numbers. I can say the driving ones also light I up the ditch. Great for seeing wildlife.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's because PIAA lights are crap,had them in mine for 2 years till one burned out.Went with Vision X bulbs,cheaper and brighter...80/100watt compared to 55/65PIAA. And $30 for a set not $80. I barely use my fogs now,but when I do I turn them off when I see oncoming traffic.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's because PIAA lights are crap,had them in mine for 2 years till one burned out.Went with Vision X bulbs,cheaper and brighter...80/100watt compared to 55/65PIAA. And $30 for a set not $80. I barely use my fogs now,but when I do I turn them off when I see oncoming traffic.

X2 on the Piaa headlights being crappy...tried a pair in the car (which has good lights) and couldn't wait til one burned out (2 months)

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Biggest complaint at work (dodge dealer) LOL "Headlights SUCK...."

LOVED the headlights in my '99 Silverado they were great, the '98 GMC NOT SO MUCH, nor the '90 GMC! The '97 dodge.....lmao yup a candle provides more light....hahahaha

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest complaint at work (dodge dealer) LOL "Headlights SUCK...."

LOVED the headlights in my '99 Silverado they were great, the '98 GMC NOT SO MUCH, nor the '90 GMC! The '97 dodge.....lmao yup a candle provides more light....hahahaha

Yep the chevy lights are good and the gmc headlights sucked. I think the smaller the housing the better the light.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is true about dodge headlights and I only get flashed when I have fogs on lol,

sorry usually me flashing you guys... i had no idea the headlights were that bad... always thought newer dodge owners were just being ignorant... i'll be more forgiving from now on... but the original poster was correct you can tell it's a dodge a few miles away...

Top Bottom