Whats with newer Dodge trucks with fog lights??

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how they bother you? They don't bother me driving. They aren't brighter they just more light and they light up from the bumper to where the headlight starts so like 15 feet ahead of the truck. I like them on for deer on the side of the road. As well they are not illegal to run 24/7 in sask.

Oilerfan99

Reaction score
The fog lights on any vehicle are useless if you drive over 20 kmh as you are over driving them, I think most peole drive with them on cause they think they look cool.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fog lights on any vehicle are useless if you drive over 20 kmh as you are over driving them, I think most peole drive with them on cause they think they look cool.
another point is, when you light up the highway immediately in front of your vehicle it detracts from your long distance vision. the problem with the glare from the fogs is by far more prevalent when a lift is involved. sure, some may adjust their headlights for a lift (though I doubt very many do) but I will bet almost no one adjusts the fogs...then you get the d!cks that run HID's in their fogs too. hey, look at me

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is why I have mine on.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fog lights on any vehicle are useless if you drive over 20 kmh as you are over driving them, I think most people drive with them on cause they think they look cool.

I drive 20kph where ever I go, so I can piss people off and look cool at the same time,..

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these will be my next purchase to try and make it easier for oncoming traffic. Lots of good reviews when digging around the internet.
Do think these would be legal either no mention of dot or s.a.e certification

yammyman

Reaction score
Not to sure how you can over drive lights...? What do you mean by that? Just curious...

If they make it easier to see then they're doing their job (IMO)...

I love the fog lights on my 12 when its actually foggy, when it's snowing or when it's a wet/warm night. They also work great for near sighted roads (i.e. sharp bends, lots of bush or trees & deep ditches that wildlife are harder to spot with brights.)

I find my brights (PIAA- although not much better than stock) are really good for long distances (i.e. straight clear highways) where you want to see farther down the road. (They could be a bit brighter though.)

As far as wet dirty roads I don't care what kind of lights they are, they can't shine through dirt, so they're useless anyway.

Maybe the fog lights aren't meant to be used just for fog. If they were they'd probably only get used 1/10 of the time. (Depending where you live, I guess). What would be the point?

Maybe they're for a variety of uses. It probably slows down the burn out factor a bit by spreading the usage around too.

Used in the right conditionsI think my lights work perfectly fine.

One thing I hate is blue lights or super bright/white dims from oncoming traffic. Even though they're adjusted properly they're annoying. Why not keep dims stock and the lights no one else should ever see aftermarket! There's no need for fancy low beams (IMO) because, bright or dim, you can't see much in oncoming traffic anyway. As long as their lights aren't adjusted (including "fog" lights being turned off) to point right in my eyes I'm happy.

And, please forgive me when I have my fog lights on in on coming traffic, sometimes I forget before its to late, lol. Sorry!

I'm even putting air bags on mine just to make sure the lights aren't out of whack when I'm hauling the sleds around!

yammyman

Reaction score
Holy $hite that was a long post, sorry guys! I think I'm addicted to Tapatalk! I can't put the phone down! Soooo bored at work!!

Top Bottom