Whats up ?

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 summit 800 and I'm not hitting 7900 RPM's. I'm at 500m elevation and on clicker 2 ad when I punch it off he line I can hit 8000 RPM's. When I'm going 3/4 throttle and punch it I can only get around 7600. My friend has the exact same sled and he can hit 7900 on clicker 1. It sounds like its not opening up all the way. Any thoughts?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have a 2016 summit 800 and I'm not hitting 7900 RPM's. I'm at 500m elevation and on clicker 2 ad when I punch it off he line I can hit 8000 RPM's. When I'm going 3/4 throttle and punch it I can only get around 7600. My friend has the exact same sled and he can hit 7900 on clicker 1. It sounds like its not opening up all the way. Any thoughts?

Loose belt, dirty clutches, wore out clutch parts. Deffinetly look at clutches. I would say it's not back shifting smooth and then overloading the engine causing it to lug down. Over a longer distance will the engine catch up and start pulling the rpm?

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch just was cleaned prior to last ride. Belt and sled has 650km on them. It never seemed to open up. Belt could be a little down on the secondary. Doo dealer thought they might have to reset the Rave valves.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you can just start to see the top of the thread on your coming out of the secondary. That's a bit tight but it think the clutches work better a bit tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I closed the clutch up a bit. This is what it looks like now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 303

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took it to dealer and they flashed the computer, reset the rave valves and said I should be ready to hit the mountains! Hope they're right! There is a
bikeman can on it but it's been since new
and ran good.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be raves, could be timing, could be pin weight in the primary. Its brand new so hopefully the dealer takes care of you and looks at the basics. On the bright side (if there is one) you're not missing epic snow right now, but hopefully its sorted out when we get a new dump.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took it to dealer and they flashed the computer, reset the rave valves and said I should be ready to hit the mountains! Hope they're right! There is a
and ran good.

is it all good now?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and ran good.

Or could be the can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow was awesome! Snowed hard 3 dad before we went and reloaded again on Sunday night. It was a foggy Wednesday, but snow was great

Top Bottom