What's everone doing with their 2013 Pro exhaust valve oil solenoid line?

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that this line makes a hell of a mess laying towards the belly pan. Wondering if anyone has a simple fix for this, maybe reservoir or something?????

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I extended the hose and run it out by the exhaust can on my 2012. I think you will be ok on the 2013 in the same location, it does not puke that much oil. Hope it helps

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it makes a hell of a mess. I usually extend the hose down by the exhaust. There is a hole in the belly pan right beside the exhaust outlet that you can drill out bigger and put the hose out.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One fellow figured we can remove the lines right from the exhaust valve and plug them off. He says the pressure is very minimal. I dont like this idea. I'm thinking the engineers at Polaris put them there for a reason. Looks like i will also lenghten mine.
Thanks Guys

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just moved mine into the front of the bellypan closer to where I can wipe it down. It's better then the stock location under the engine and close to the clutch.

scrfe: Look for the ~1/4" ID black hose that goes from the selenoid above you pipe and down to under the engine.

Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya lots of guys are just capping them off. They say there is a bit of a preformance increase. It just makes them operate like they did no the older VES sleds. You may have to play with the springs to get them to open at the correct times. I tried it on my old 800 and was never able to dial it in properly.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably one of the best mods I've done

7ajydava.jpg

yqanypa6.jpg

a7y2atu4.jpg

ehynegu3.jpg

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The solenoid is for emissions only. I capped the barbs on the ves valves with automotive vacuum caps as well as the barb on the solenoid. makes the ves valves work like the old ves motors, and the motor computer does not know any different.

WesG

Reaction score
What are the turbo guys doing with these lines? Capping or running outside?

Wes

bell32

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics new to polaris and just got my 13 and just from firing it up to install a tether I already noticed the mess

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you cap the line what happens to all the black gooey stuff? Will it build up pressure inside?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happened to all the black gooy stuff in the ves motors??? the solenoid keeps the valves from opening at low rpms and making your motor burn that stuff instead of passing threw the exhaust and onto the ground. the gooy stuff is excess that makes its way threw the lines to the solenoid. Capping the lines also increases a bit of throttle response.

Its basically the same as a EGR valve in a truck/ car motor.

Top Bottom