What's best piston for a 2013 m8 proclimb.

M1000CAT

Reaction score
I need to pull heads off to do the o ring and might as well do top end while I'm at it. Any suggestions would help

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock and chances are they don't need to replaced but please post pics and how many miles

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I need to pull heads off to do the o ring and might as well do top end while I'm at it. Any suggestions would help
For all the motors I've done I would say Arctic Cat Stock pistons are the best, well worth the money. SPI's I put in 2 sleds, one sled the piston skirts cracked all the way around, second one a ring caught. Cat Pistons never had a problem with anything other then user error when fuel reducer was adjusted the wrong way.

Take the y-pipe off and inspect the piston on the side for scoring or cracks, opening the motor up that much you'll need new base gasket, pistons, wrist bearings, and 4 o-rings. It adds up, probably cheaper to do the o-rings, and not risk an error. IF you still have good compression.

M1000CAT

Reaction score
It's my buddies sled but I'm gonna help him fix it but he did compression test at start of season and had 125 and 120 psi isn't 140 new

1968chevy

Reaction score
Three pulls at wide open throttle and if compression is within 10% I wouldn't touch it. But like the previous guy commented may as well pull off Y pipe and check piston wear and cylinder for scoring.

Top Bottom