what psi for fox floats?

nany387

Reaction score
hi i have a 2011 arctic cat crossfire 800 ho and i was wondering what psi the fox floats should be at thanks and any info would help

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think 150 is max but it's mostly what each rider wants! Just don't go to soft or it will sag.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Says on the floats the max pressure. I personally run my fronts at 70 and back at 145. I would start high and empty them as need be on the hill. Easier to let air out the. Trying to deal with the pump in the cold and on the side of a mountain.

nany387

Reaction score
Says on the floats the max pressure. I personally run my fronts at 70 and back at 145. I would start high and empty them as need be on the hill. Easier to let air out the. Trying to deal with the pump in the cold and on the side of a mountain.
oh ok what year is yours

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled is 2013. Has the fox float 2 on it. Mine are max pressure 150

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Research the "Geo Mod" for arctic cat. There is a few threads about it here and on Snowest. its a rear mount relocation mod, drilling 2 holes. Rear shock is 130-150 PSI for most guys, front are 65-80 PSI depending on the shock wear. If you do the geo mod, you will be able to run your rear shock at about 115-125, where most guys are at 140ish. Fronts should never be over 80 PSI in my opinion, I find anything above that pressure is just too harsh, as the pressure is too high.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Research the "Geo Mod" for arctic cat. There is a few threads about it here and on Snowest. its a rear mount relocation mod, drilling 2 holes. Rear shock is 130-150 PSI for most guys, front are 65-80 PSI depending on the shock wear. If you do the geo mod, you will be able to run your rear shock at about 115-125, where most guys are at 140ish. Fronts should never be over 80 PSI in my opinion, I find anything above that pressure is just too harsh, as the pressure is too high.

Are these psi's with the weight off of the shock?

Last edited:

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can go over the 150 psi and not hurt anything. I think I've been running my fronts a 70 on pto and 65 mag side

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sure will! Gotta fill them with the weight off. Pressure will go up as soon as you put weight on 'em.

What he said ^^^^. The pressure will go up with weight on, easiest way I have found is to set the pressure a little firmer than you think with the weight off, then when you are riding you can simply bleed off a couple lbs at a time, if the shocks are too stiff, until you get it where you like. Easier bleeding it off than trying to pump up the shock while 2 of your buddies are lifting your sled. Then when you get back home, take the weight off again and measure the pressure, this way you will know where to set the baseline pressure without weight in the future.

Keep in mind the pressure will change from a hot environment (i.e. your garage) to a cold environment (i.e. outside at -15C below). so if you set them at 80 in your garage, they might only be at 74 on a cold day when riding.

nany387

Reaction score
and you have to have the special pump right?

Top Bottom