What is your Work Schedule

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4-2-4-4. 4 on 2 off 4 on 4 off, 10 hour days. Through in a Stat on one of your days off like this Good Friday for example, pick up a TOIL and you have a 5 day weekend. Love it.

You 4-2-4-4 guys.... I just have to pick up your slack on the weekends and work an 8 and 6 like the field ops do..... lol. And yes, I actually enjoy it.

I prefer 8 and 6 myself, with 10 hour days. I am 24/7 on call while I am on shift and am coverage for 3 different plants and their associated fields. It's a pretty decent gig.... better than anything I have had in the past. Running my own company makes it better though. I am an Instrumentation Contract Company.... doing plant/field maintenance.

Last edited:

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil/Gas Operator...plus all the other jobs the company wants a guy to do from office work to commissioning...you know the saying Jack of all trades, master of fawk all lol

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had ANY scheduled days off since July 18, 2012. Going on a trip somewhere in May for 10 days then two weeks off in July again... That's it that's all. I call it a 21 and none schedule.

you must own your own business run buy your wife... just saying! Take some time to yourself buddy before you have a heart attack... or is your job just so great you can't say no... I can't think of anything other then stripper dj... just saying

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Firefighter

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by teamgreen 1 on, 2 off, 1 on , 4 off. 8 days a month!!
24 hour shift

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sumx54
what do you do?

Firefighter

you win im offically very jealous... infact i hate you!!!! kidding!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3nights, 2 off, 3 days, 2 off, 4 nights, then 2 days a week for the next 3 weeks. basically 2 weeks of he!! for 3 weeks of coasting.Great shift lots of time off if ya want. June, july and part of august i have 9 weeks off! "12 hour shift"
Look out Kelowna!

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
21 on 7 off. Staying in the nicest camp ever built. 7:00-5:00. Paid to travel. Pipeline welder.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been working the regular 5 on 2 off for years, taking a new position 2wks on and 2wks off. waste water treatment plant operator.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was 7-7 12 hr shifts as a Plant operator. But fresh from the Military I asked to many ? about saftey issues & the foreman asked me to leave!
Now taking a few courses & trying to on as a Field Operator but nothing open in the area or I dont know the right people.

Cant figure out why the oilfield takes a 19yr old, that is someones kid but lasts a couple months, or a 40yr that is looking for a career & provide for the family?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5-2 8hrs+ shifts. Really want 4-10's since I often work 10hr days anyway lol.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 on and leave an hour early on Friday, weekend off - next week is 4 on 3 off... Works out great for appointments etc... with every second Friday off.

Top Bottom