What is your Work Schedule

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done a few different work schedules. 10 & 4, 14 & 7, 8 & 6, and 5 and 2. So far 8 and 6 was the best one.

I have an offer that would be a 16 and 12 shift.

Everyone always talks about having a normal schedule but I have to say 5 and 2 isn't the funnest.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did 2 weeks on 2 weeks off for a year. Now I'm back to the mon-fri gig. I'd love to have a week on week off schedule in town though. I'm not sure why we as a society don't move towards this. Makes total sense to me. You're home every night and ample time off to do whatever you want. It's a win win in my mind.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I had a 14 and 7 even a 7 and 7. Currently on a 10 and 4

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok there are for sure some people with some worse schedules! This would be 12 hour days. The 5 and 2 job would be 10 hour days. However I guess with drive time they would be 14 and 12 hour days respectively.

Dynamic

Reaction score
2 weeks days 7-530 2 weeks afternoons 3-11 30 and 2 weeks graveyards 11 30-7 30. Afternoons and graveyards are mom-Friday and day shift is Monday to Thursday.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 and 6, 10 hrs/day. Best shift in my opinion. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off is hard. Two weeks in the bush is to long, a week is bad enough sometimes. Usually home by 2 pm on last day so having the company pay for me to drink beer is always a bonus lol.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 and 6, 10 hrs/day. Best shift in my opinion. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off is hard. Two weeks in the bush is to long, a week is bad enough sometimes. Usually home by 2 pm on last day so having the company pay for me to drink beer is always a bonus lol.
Agreed, the 2 weeks is tough, especially in the Arctic. By day 11 I'm pretty much shot, but the 2 weeks off is nice. We really do 15-13, because we fly into camp at 6 am on Wed, but don't get back to Edmonton until noon on the Wed, I then have to drive to Calgary from there. 1 week on and 1 off would be awesome

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the 2 weeks is tough, especially in the Arctic. By day 11 I'm pretty much shot, but the 2 weeks off is nice. We really do 15-13, because we fly into camp at 6 am on Wed, but don't get back to Edmonton until noon on the Wed, I then have to drive to Calgary from there. 1 week on and 1 off would be awesome

Yes the two weeks off is nice, couldn't agree more. I did work two and two a few years back and it just happened to be one of the hottest summers ever, it was great but it was a single man plant. Each shift has it's bonuses.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am surprised there are so many 8 and 6 people. I thought that was a pretty rare schedule when I had it. I loved the schedule but I can't get it back with the company. Being a single guy I guess the more days off will be good but I think it would mean more doing stuff on your own as well. Sure I can travel alot but it would be by myself. Making decisions suck!

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 and 2 fly in. i love it. the two weeks at work go by fast enough and 2 weeks at home go even faster. i really enjoy my job though so that probably makes it easier.

Top Bottom