What have you done?

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got out on my new Axys RMK this weekend! Went with the 3" x 163" with the Walker Evans shock package and ended up making a few minor adjustments which seemed to really help. Tightened up the rear shock, loosened up the forward rear shock, moved handle bars more forward and softened up the front shocks. Seemed to help make it trench less and easier to side hill. Had a great day at Frisby and looking forward to more time on the Axys. Curious as to other's experiences so far and adjustments made to set up. What have you done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It probably does with a different rider! I found it easier to pull over, easy to handle with pretty good power vs my '14 Pro. It did seem to trench more but got better with skid shock adjustments. I think the three inch track makes it wheelie somewhat to as its a pretty stiff paddled track.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I jumped on a 13 pro yesterday and actually found it hard to side hill on,

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started by clicking my shocks all the way to the softest setting. From there i adjusted up slightly, I am 4 clicks up on the rear and 2 on the fronts. Also it should be noted that i have no sway bar, never rode one with so i can't say the difference. Mine is a 155x2.6 and i never had any trenching issues, i thought it kept the front end down well and came out of the snow good. The ski's are set narrow, mid rise bars in a neutral position. I am not sold on the predictability of the chassis just yet, some more seat time will cure this hopefully.

I read on Snowest about the stock A arms being weak and having some failures. I rode the heck out of mine on the whooped trail and caught a few air miles with no issues yet. Hopefully it stays that way. I might try and tighten the limiter strap one hole, i like a lighter ski feel than what it has now.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started by clicking my shocks all the way to the softest setting. From there i adjusted up slightly, I am 4 clicks up on the rear and 2 on the fronts. Also it should be noted that i have no sway bar, never rode one with so i can't say the difference. Mine is a 155x2.6 and i never had any trenching issues, i thought it kept the front end down well and came out of the snow good. The ski's are set narrow, mid rise bars in a neutral position. I am not sold on the predictability of the chassis just yet, some more seat time will cure this hopefully.

I read on Snowest about the stock A arms being weak and having some failures. I rode the heck out of mine on the whooped trail and caught a few air miles with no issues yet. Hopefully it stays that way. I might try and tighten the limiter strap one hole, i like a lighter ski feel than what it has now.

Tightening your limiter strap will give you a heavier front end, you have to loosen it a hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom