What does waterproof mean to you?

v10rider

Reaction score
I came to sledding from backcountry skiing/mountaineering and can say the Arc'teryx stuff will keep you dry and is way more comfortable due to its light weight. Yesterday while having lunch at the cabin, all the Klim/Motorfist riders were steaming as they dried out and my 12 year old 3-layer Arc'teryx bibs were not even damp on the surface. Same with the jacket though it is only a year old. I did try a pair of MotorFist pants on the other day and there is no way I could get used to the weight of them either. Backcountry gear companies figured out how to make lightweight, waterproof, gear years ago and that durable did not mean full cordura and I'm sure sledding will get there too.

Absolutely agree with you on this one. Tried out motofist gear for 1 season and went back to Arcteryx and North Face gore-tex stuff. Aside from lightweight and better styling (IMO), I just found that they kept me dry better than sled specific gear.

Only downside is they tend to be less durable and after 1 season, you really beat the crap out of the jacket and pants.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled this from Klim's web site......

Okay, I'm not ironing or dry cleaning....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom