What can you guys tell me

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive recently been looking at purchasing my 1st travel trailer. I was wondering what you guys think of these two models or what you can tell me about them, as far a durabilty wise and if there worth it. The first is a 2010 Palomino Puma Travel Trailer 26-RLSS $24 990 and the second is a 2010 Forest River Salem Travel Trailer 28DDSS for $24 990...I will be using an 07 Dodge Power Wagon as my tow vehicle. Thanks in advance

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive recently been looking at purchasing my 1st travel trailer. I was wondering what you guys think of these two models or what you can tell me about them, as far a durabilty wise and if there worth it. The first is a 2010 Palomino Puma Travel Trailer 26-RLSS $24 990 and the second is a 2010 Forest River Salem Travel Trailer 28DDSS for $24 990...I will be using an 07 Dodge Power Wagon as my tow vehicle. Thanks in advance

Not sure about the trailers but the truck will tow good.
Just stop at every gas station,,and you will see me filling up my power wagon too.:beer::d

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have a Forest River trailer and Im quite pleased with the quality, durability and workmanship. My holiday trailer is a Wildcat hardwall fifth wheel, and my enclosed trailer is a Canadian Special Edition, Hardwall, its forest river as well, those are the ones from Advantage Trailer. I originally started with a Keystone Springdale and spent alot of money fixing all the things that were not built right, from the suspension to the hot water tank to the lino. It had alot of issues and both Keystone and the Cornerstone warranty would not fix the problems. You get what you pay for.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the trailers but the truck will tow good.
Just stop at every gas station,,and you will see me filling up my power wagon too.:beer::d

Thanks for the heads up arff, good to know my truck will be able to handle it. Every gas station eh? must be hard on fuel i take it? who knows maybe i will see ya at some point..lol

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Forest River trailer and Im quite pleased with the quality, durability and workmanship. My holiday trailer is a Wildcat hardwall fifth wheel, and my enclosed trailer is a Canadian Special Edition, Hardwall, its forest river as well, those are the ones from Advantage Trailer. I originally started with a Keystone Springdale and spent alot of money fixing all the things that were not built right, from the suspension to the hot water tank to the lino. It had alot of issues and both Keystone and the Cornerstone warranty would not fix the problems. You get what you pay for.

Thanks for the heads up rknight, will deffinitly help in my decision making...

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

I bought a 2008 puma 24.9 rbss 5th wheel.Was my first rv as well.Really like it. Haven't had much for problems with it.Just some warranty stuff off the start. $hit bios ply tires that it came with the sidewalls cracked.Shower backing and trim around air vent cracked when got cold out. (screws were put in to tight).Lino cracked this winter,but so did a million others.I did go to the states to buy it as the dealers here didn't wanna come down in price at all.All said and done i saved 5 Gs.I pull it with my 06 hemi. lots of power.Plan on about 300-350 k on a tank.Or about a 100k in a 80 mile / hr head wind.LOL

If im not mistaken puma is made buy forest river.

:beer::beer::beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a google search on the two you list. That Forest River looks waaay better. Little things like hard wall vs aluminum and the inside finishing details, step light.....

When we were looking I found that you could tell a lot the moment you walked into a trailer. Some just "felt" better than others. I would spend a lot of time looking at how things were finished. Nail pops, bad caulking, misalignment of parts and so on. Saw a lot of crap and a few really nice units.

My vote is for the Forest River between these two.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those who offerd feedback but i finally made my choice on my first trailer. I ended up getting a 2010 keystone Springdale 267BH-SSR. managed to get it for 24,900 so im pretty stoked. Will post pics of my new toy when i take ownership, hopefully tomorrow.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our first trailer was a 2004 29ft Jayco we bought used in 2007. It was in mint shape and I bought an extra 4yrs warranty for everything but structure.

When we are going to buy another trailer, I will buy used again, we don't use out TT enough to justify a brand new unit. IMO unless you can get a stellar deal, buying new isn't worth it.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those who offerd feedback but i finally made my choice on my first trailer. I ended up getting a 2010 keystone Springdale 267BH-SSR. managed to get it for 24,900 so im pretty stoked. Will post pics of my new toy when i take ownership, hopefully tomorrow.

Enjoy it! We LOVE camping in our trailer as I am sure you will too.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We just bought the keystone Laredo 291TG and its great so far! We got a good deal as well! Every trailer brand like every sled, quad, truck etc will have its good ones and bad ones but you can never know! We r very impressed with what we got, im sure you will love yours as well! Congrats!

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow arff u were right about having to stop at every gas station when towing a trailer with a power wagon. So with that being said anybody wanna trade trucks lol...Thinks it may be time for a Diesel.

Top Bottom