Went into silvermines and wow what snow.

sheldon11

Reaction score
Rode into silvermines on the 5th and i have never seen so much powder in my life wow it must have bein 4 feet or more in most places evenhe trail in was a blast. I think it was a little dangerous though as we had 3 avalanches come down bout ten minutes behind us.....real eye opener.:D

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far is the road plowed, or did you ride in from km 17 staging area. I was in there last year and it is an amazing area but prone to slides

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had heard it rained inn parsons and the road into there was straight ice.People were chaining up? to get up the hill.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Rode into silvermines on the 5th and i have never seen so much powder in my life wow it must have bein 4 feet or more in most places evenhe trail in was a blast. I think it was a little dangerous though as we had 3 avalanches come down bout ten minutes behind us.....real eye opener.:D

Hey 'sheldon11' did you happen to have some pictures to post for us to view ?

sheldon11

Reaction score
We unloaded and rode in from km 25 and yes i do have some pictures but having troubles putting them on here and yes it was pure ice on the road that day and if you were pulling a trailer you were using chains to get up to at least km 5 and i will keep trying to load some pics.:D

speed800c

Reaction score
We were there on jan 5 too. We drove to 49 marker and mostly in 2wd, until we got stuck around a corner and had to put on the chains. But after that we could have taken them off. It sure was deep. It was our first time in there, and we never made it to the first bowl. Just to a meadow before the bowl.

Top Bottom