Water Crossing

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With my old ZX144 you could ride open water till it bored you. My Rev with a punched track goes about 150' and wants to sink like a rock. I'm thinking it's the track.Has anybody else had this sinking problem?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I took a big hole saw and drilled about a hundred 3" holes in the bottom of his Eagle jet boat to lighten it up... we had the same problem :dunno: Sank every time we took it out. Sure was lighter though :D

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With my old ZX144 you could ride open water till it bored you. My Rev with a punched track goes about 150' and wants to sink like a rock. I'm thinking it's the track.Has anybody else had this sinking problem?
Its the holes in the track...We`ve already proven it:(

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the holes in the track...We`ve already proven it:(

Spring riding sometimes requires a little water crossing to get to the good stuff and when the videos start its nice to run the rivers. Guess I'll need the old ZX. Scotty, good luck to you and your brother on fixing all those holes.LMAO:D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
My brother and I took a big hole saw and drilled about a hundred 3" holes in the bottom of his Eagle jet boat to lighten it up... we had the same problem :dunno: Sank every time we took it out. Sure was lighter though :D

Plug the holes with FULL beer cans & as ya drink them up you will slowly go down with yer ship..... Like a good captain... AYE AYE !! :)

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that old zx WAS a boat! you could ride that thing on the water until you run out of fuel!
My 04 with no porting doesn't seem to like the water as much as the old girl. I guess that makes water more of an adventure...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost sank mine last year in about 7' of water. Got the skis up on the riverbank, the taillight was underwater and I was half way up to my knees in water. Two guys grabbed my skis before it slid backwards on the rocks. Haven't done any long crossings since. Factory punched track but it also must be getting water in somewhere cause it starts to sputter after a short distance.

Top Bottom