Vivint home security and automation

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering If any body has any experience with there home security and automation systems
The cameras and mobile control apps look pretty sweet but does there equipment work trouble free and are they a decent company to deal with ( billing and repairs etc)

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have Vivint at the house down in AZ. Nice to be able monitor from many miles away. Everything has been so far, so good Even adjust the thermostats with the iphone

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a Vivint (formerly APX) system installed 2+ years ago.. Works great, trouble free and the install was done in a couple hours hassle free as all the sensors are wireless.. High traffic sensors (front door, rear door) you have to change the batteries once a year and i usually find out that the battery is going low as Vivint calls right away to let me know.. Mobile App works well, simple to use.. Can integrate auto door locks as well..

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have gone to a few service calls for furnace jobs where the vivint installer has blown the fuse on the furnace board and vivint has paid our bill no questions asked, so they seem pretty reputable and good with customer service.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being in the industry, I get to see the litany of errors and outright hack jobs that occur. It all comes down on the competency of the installer. The equipment seems ok but the system is not entirely wireless. You have to get a phone line and transformer power to the device and have a siren mounted. They ran the wires down the wall at my sons place, and I could not believe it ( it was done before the son bought the house.) It hasn't been on the market for that long so we shall see what it lifespan is.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info
i have read that they will need a power adapter on the panel but no phone lines are required as it uses cellular networks not landlines
and being wireless makes adding an detached garage nice
not really sure if i need or want one yet would be nice to have the piece of mind that the garage is protected

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see this thread is on Vivint.

Has anyone used NOX Security.

Seems similar system to Vivint

Thanks

Top Bottom