vforce on my m1000

catm1000

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just ordered a set of vforce reeds for my sled and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a horsepower gain from these cages. If you have a set on your sled, id love to hear from you:beer:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cancel your order complete waste of time, I had them on 07 and 09 did nothing.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Have them on my 09 M1000 and I would say no horsepower gain but much better throttle response in the mid range for sure. They came with the sled when I bought it otherwise I would not buy them again, too costly for the little bit of difference and I am always worrried that they will break.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had problems with the v force cracking... if you still wanna do em go with boyesen...

m1000snopro

Reaction score
i had them on my m1000 and didnt feel much of a differance. the vforce kept breaking pedals and getting little holes in them. i put my stock back in and have not had any more problems.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you need to run a Fuel controller with Aftermarket Reeds?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
No. Not if that is the only change but as soon as you make er breathe then do it. You can get away with a y pipe and can with your reeds but anything more you better get a controller and an egt temp guage, thet run lean in the mid range unless they did the updates.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. Not if that is the only change but as soon as you make er breathe then do it. You can get away with a y pipe and can with your reeds but anything more you better get a controller and an egt temp guage, thet run lean in the mid range unless they did the updates.

Ok great info thanks man!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey what was involved with going 174" track, and what was total cost to convert to larger track?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Its going to cost you about $1500 for the track, a couple hundred for the extention ( I made my own), about $150 for the extentions and about $30.00 for the hoses. Then if you want to gear it down, add another $350 or so and count on about 10 hours to do it depending on the beer intake. None of this includes the cost of cutting the track down to the right width or the little nubbs off the inside for the diamond drive. Its definately a commitment.:beer:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its going to cost you about $1500 for the track, a couple hundred for the extention ( I made my own), about $150 for the extentions and about $30.00 for the hoses. Then if you want to gear it down, add another $350 or so and count on about 10 hours to do it depending on the beer intake. None of this includes the cost of cutting the track down to the right width or the little nubbs off the inside for the diamond drive. Its definately a commitment.:beer:

Sounds like a challenge :) thanks for the rough break down:beer::beer::beer:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you need to run a Fuel controller with Aftermarket Reeds?

People jump to adding fuel control boxes when there is a muchless expensive and easier fix for minor mods, specially if your going to run a set of EGTs. An adjustable fuel pressure controller will compensate for most minor mods.

Top Bottom