valemount altitude

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
what is the altitude around valemount? never bin there need to know for jet'n my rmk.:D:eek::cool:

Welcome 'Bryan m'.... Valemount is anywhere from 2500' to 8200'. Check under 'Navigation' on the main page.... BC area map.

Bryan m

Reaction score
thank's mike is that in ft? i have a 97, 700 rmk so i have to rejet . have you been there this year? like your sled wish i had 1.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the altitude around valemount? never bin there need to know for jet'n my rmk.:D:eek::cool:

Climina

Stage: 875 m 2870 ft
Cabin: 1730 m 5675 ft
Avg Riding: 1900-2200 m 6235-7220 ft

Allan

Stage: 820 m 2690 ft
Cabin: 1990 m 6530 ft
Max Riding: 2100 m 6890 ft

tekim :D

Bryan m

Reaction score
thanks ! this is alot fo help . have enough of a time jetn this thing as it is. with the pipesand every thing else!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
thank's mike is that in ft? i have a 97, 700 rmk so i have to rejet . have you been there this year? like your sled wish i had 1.

We use to run 97/98 700 RMK's... If you are stock, The 158 jets will be fine for you in Valemount, just go easy on the way up ! :twocents: One Bro of mine ran stock w/those jets & that thing worked very well no problems. Mine was piped & I ran 175-195 pending the weather ! :)

Bryan m

Reaction score
down here im running190 mains , igot slp pipes and stingers, boost bottle too, its kinda hard just getn it to run right , with the temp changes.like when its -10 or warmer runs rich and colder runs better. must be lean with 190's iguess!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
down here im running190 mains , igot slp pipes and stingers, boost bottle too, its kinda hard just getn it to run right , with the temp changes.like when its -10 or warmer runs rich and colder runs better. must be lean with 190's iguess!

have your jet board with you at all times then...jetting when you're there is easier than towing out a dead sled cuz you ran it too lean up there...plus the $$$$ and time lost riding for a rebuild....also check out the vari flow or attac

Bryan m

Reaction score
yah no doubt! i'm just wandering if my jets are too lean, i asked around about that atacc system , my boss at work ran it and lost 2 engines ,so im a bit worried what to , maybe just put in 185 's and just go!!!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah no doubt! i'm just wandering if my jets are too lean, i asked around about that atacc system , my boss at work ran it and lost 2 engines ,so im a bit worried what to , maybe just put in 185 's and just go!!!

If it is snappier than normal...it's prolly too lean...if so, just be easy on it...burp the throttle instead of holding it at one spot...just as if you're going up the trail. I've also heard bad things about the ATACC....i trust me controlling vari flow more than i trust a comp doing the work

Bryan m

Reaction score
thanks rucky! what do you run for jets in the mountains, and how did your rmk do? ive never been in the mountains yet my buddies are running brand new yammies, i think there a few french fries short of a hppy meal, but i just want to go because ive never been.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah im thinken,my buddies all got fuel inj ,so i doubt they will wait for me to rejet ,knot heads,but i think i'll go with the vari-jet, but i just don't know what size to start with! got any ideas?

You start with lowest temp and lowest altitude you're ever going to ride in for vari flow, if thats what you're talking about?

Bryan m

Reaction score
You start with lowest temp and lowest altitude you're ever going to ride in for vari flow, if thats what you're talking about?
but doesn't it lean out as you dial out on the way up/mayby i got it backwards ,i'll just have to buy one and try it out ! how did your rmk do ?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but doesn't it lean out as you dial out on the way up/mayby i got it backwards ,i'll just have to buy one and try it out ! how did your rmk do ?

It leans it out because as you gain altitude, it becomes richer....and we still havent got mine on yet lol...too much weekend riding to find time

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We have a 1999 700 RMK with the vari-flow. As you climb to the alpine it starts getting richer, you turn the button and lean it out. You can really see a difference. Way easier then changing jets all the time.
It leans it out because as you gain altitude, it becomes richer....and we still havent got mine on yet lol...too much weekend riding to find time

Bryan m

Reaction score
We have a 1999 700 RMK with the vari-flow. As you climb to the alpine it starts getting richer, you turn the button and lean it out. You can really see a difference. Way easier then changing jets all the time.
thanks wabbit! that's what i thought , you know it's funny i can rebuild any thing, but i don't want to rebiuld that engine 2times in 1 year!lol thanks for your input!

Top Bottom