Used my boss noss for the first time

gbollingberg

Reaction score
Well i finally got a chance to use my noss this weekend. It was my second trip to the mountains and finally got enough miles on the 13 pro 800 to feel comfortable using it. Power was really noticeable but the problem i am noticing is trying to keep the skis on the ground. It will just wheelie forever when doing a steep climb which got me into trouble. Really good upgrade in my mind for the rather cheap price tag and simple instal. The only issue i had was during one climb my engine went into safety mode and it said DET on the screen. Had to shut the engine down and restart and worked fine after that. Does anyone know what this means, is my engine noticing to much knock? The kit came with a washer to move the knock sensor out further but it said dont instal unless ur engine has troubles.

Reactions: RXN

Aker

Reaction score
I bet you hit the rev limiter sending it into det mode. What size shot are you running?

gbollingberg

Reaction score
Its the 30 horsepower kit and the fuel bottle says run 91 octane in it for this setup which is what i am running. The engine was running 8400 while on the noss.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the 30 horsepower kit and the fuel bottle says run 91 octane in it for this setup which is what i am running. The engine was running 8400 while on the noss.

What fuel are you running in the fuel bottle that comes with the kit

Aker

Reaction score
What rpms where you running off the bottle? Also you use such little fuel in that fuel bottle fill it up with av gas are race fuel for cheap insurance.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, run straight race gas with the bottle.

It's Nitrous Oxide. Calling it nos(s) is like riding a cat, poo, yam and say you went skidooing.

NOS is a brand. My guess is you have a Boondocker kit.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just ribbing him after my honest answer in my first line. I see boss noss in the title now. :/

gbollingberg

Reaction score
It says on the bottle to run 91 octane in the small bottle for low horsepower like under 60 i believe it said. Over that it says to run race fuel, do you think running race gas would help??

gbollingberg

Reaction score
Just checked the bottle it says 10-30 horse use 91 octane and race fuel for anything more than that.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked the bottle it says 10-30 horse use 91 octane and race fuel for anything more than that.

well if your hitting the DET run race fuel i ran 60 shot in a boss noss kit all year with no DET problems and put the dampener in

snowhunter

Reaction score
For the amount u will use fill the little bottle with vp110 just for piece of mind imo

muddmadness

Reaction score
well if your hitting the DET run race fuel i ran 60 shot in a boss noss kit all year with no DET problems and put the dampener in

what is the dampener?

was it really worth it to go with the 60 shot? what bottle did you use?

I have the 30 kit. running 116 in the bottle with not troubles. i was told to keep the bottle octane level at least 110 or more. i pulled high rpm and no det mode.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It says on the bottle to run 91 octane in the small bottle for low horsepower like under 60 i believe it said. Over that it says to run race fuel, do you think running race gas would help??

I ran C16 in the Little Bottle. It Cost me about 20 bucks for about five litres and went along ways in riding. I wouldnt waste my time running anything else. Dont forget to add oil to the mix. Run a touch more weight than you would normally, I ran at elevation about 71grams. I didnt run with the little washer(dampener) in.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the dampener?

was it really worth it to go with the 60 shot? what bottle did you use?

I have the 30 kit. running 116 in the bottle with not troubles. i was told to keep the bottle octane level at least 110 or more. i pulled high rpm and no det mode.

The dampener is the rubber washer u put between your head and your knock sensore. What do you mean is it really worth it its an extra 30hp well i would say the 60hp shot is really only about a 45hp. And it in a 3" 174 so i needed what i could get works great. Some times i would hit the rev limiter in the right kind of snow but overall pretty happy. I also have a 13.1 head on mine and the kit works awesome and i am running 2 10 pound carbon bottles.
pro green.jpg

gbollingberg

Reaction score
Alright guys i will get my hands on some C16 and run that and see if my issue get resolved. Tyson what elevation do u ride at with that 13.1 head. I ride at 8000 feet i think i may need a 13.6 head.

Aker

Reaction score
What are you guys running for rpms off the bottle ? Then on the bottle? I wanted to run noss on my 600 but peak rpms is 8250 and the rev limiter is 8500 correct? Just seems to close to work, I no the 800 motor runs less rpms for peak power.

Top Bottom