Lynx 4100..........took a short rip.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
RTR out of Kamloops, is in the demo mode with the Lynx 4100. Went out with Lucas, Gary the Guide, and his son Broden yesterday. Rode Crowfoot and got a great tour. Gary the Guide knows his stuff!! A chitty day to explore new terrain with very poor visibility. The sled is not for me.

My son Blair had a great rip on it and was impressed with many features. With the suspension, the bumps on the trail are not a problem and the fancy Lynx track attachment at the back was very noticeable with much lower temps. Really gets up on the snow easily and is a decent climber. Broden (a great rider at 15 years old and maybe 120# soaking wet) was on it quite a bit and he had a lot of fun on it. Put it through it's paces and as the day wore on, he was much more comfortable on it. His first climb was wheely city (as I said earlier, gets up on the snow very easy) and he got stuck just before the turn out. A quick learner and that never happened again during the day. He got the hang of it quite quickly and his enthusiasm was evident. Through the trees and up and down hills, he was grinning.

Thanks to Lucas, RTR, and Gary the Guide & Broden for a great day.

IMG_5821.jpeg

IMG_5828.jpeg

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RTR out of Kamloops, is in the demo mode with the Lynx 4100. Went out with Lucas, Gary the Guide, and his son Broden yesterday. Rode Crowfoot and got a great tour. Gary the Guide knows his stuff!! A chitty day to explore new terrain with very poor visibility. The sled is not for me.

My son Blair had a great rip on it and was impressed with many features. With the suspension, the bumps on the trail are not a problem and the fancy Lynx track attachment at the back was very noticeable with much lower temps. Really gets up on the snow easily and is a decent climber. Broden (a great rider at 15 years old and maybe 120# soaking wet) was on it quite a bit and he had a lot of fun on it. Put it through it's paces and as the day wore on, he was much more comfortable on it. His first climb was wheely city (as I said earlier, gets up on the snow very easy) and he got stuck just before the turn out. A quick learner and that never happened again during the day. He got the hang of it quite quickly and his enthusiasm was evident. Through the trees and up and down hills, he was grinning.

Thanks to Lucas, RTR, and Gary the Guide & Broden for a great day.

View attachment 233535

View attachment 233536

A review of a new sled and you fail to mention whether there's room to cook???? ;)

The guys who like the Freeride's and can use the suspension are going to like the Lynx assuming it isn't coming softened up for the NA market. Most are going to be happier on a Summit as I think the transfer and bump capacity that the Lynx offers will be more than most need.

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you say its not for you, what didn't you like about it?
I'm just curious.

As I'm kicking tracks deciding what to do for a new sled.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When you say its not for you, what didn't you like about it?
I'm just curious.

As I'm kicking tracks deciding what to do for a new sled.
The sled feels "planted". Saying that, there is no springiness, no tippyness, just sitting on the ground and it felt like that when I was riding it. Whereas, the Summits are lose and move quiet easily when shifting weight. I am not an expert rider but it just felt too stiff for my liking. I would think that at the end of the day, one would feel tired like riding the older Cats and the heavy Yamahas. Seems to me, there would need to be more rider input. Saying all that, that 15 year old didn't seem to be having trouble. Would he be tired at the end of a long day? That I don't know.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled feels "planted". Saying that, there is no springiness, no tippyness, just sitting on the ground and it felt like that when I was riding it. Whereas, the Summits are lose and move quiet easily when shifting weight. I am not an expert rider but it just felt too stiff for my liking. I would think that at the end of the day, one would feel tired like riding the older Cats and the heavy Yamahas. Seems to me, there would need to be more rider input. Saying all that, that 15 year old didn't seem to be having trouble. Would he be tired at the end of a long day? That I don't know.
interesting : now I see u mention Yamaha ... Curious what doe s the 2 sTroKe Yamaha weigh in comparison to the ski - doo brand or eVen compared to the LYNxXx ...

Top Bottom