Upgrade Timbersled skid

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My new-to-me Nytro has a Timbersled skid with Ice Age 174 rails. It has the original Fox Floats on it and although I haven't tried it yet, I have the sneaking suspicion that it will be too soft for my dainty frame. Can you run the airbag shocks from M10 on it would you think? What other options are there?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to there web site they have a bunch of shock upgrades available im running the fox floats as well and i was lookin to up grade to a coil over. But there options seem pricey.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My new-to-me Nytro has a Timbersled skid with Ice Age 174 rails. It has the original Fox Floats on it and although I haven't tried it yet, I have the sneaking suspicion that it will be too soft for my dainty frame. Can you run the airbag shocks from M10 on it would you think? What other options are there?

thats not a doo.......

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get them revalved dave, what air pressure you running in them???

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have the K-Mod rear suspension and raptor shocks with the Oft Racing 2 wheel kit in mine and I absolutely love that set up. Honestly I can not say enough good about it. We were able to take that sled into places last winter that I wouldn't have dreamed of taking it before. I like tree riding and I was able to do alot of that with out worrying about getting stuck Larry REALLY liked that!!!

Jan

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A different skid just isn't an option...

JBB: I put 150 in the rear shock and 100 in the front. I think 150 is max.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
My Mom has the timbersled skid in hers and although we haven't got that one dialed in yet we switched out the fox floats and went with a Zbroz coil over shock. My Raptors are coil overs too.

Jan

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A different skid just isn't an option...

JBB: I put 150 in the rear shock and 100 in the front. I think 150 is max.

I would bet your fox shocks will be more than good if properly valved for your weight and riding style. It will cost maybe $300 to get done so its a fraction of the cost for new shocks. I had mine done by dave at Ride Concepts in Chestermere and he was great to deal with and has a ton of knoledge to share. Give him a call and see what he thinks, his number is 403 999 4286

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a crazy fugger LOL, thats what happens when ya sit in an "orfice" all day and have time to think bout tooooooo many things to spend all his moooola on :p

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hehe, i think he's just a fugger.

I think you're right, deep down he doesn't like sleddin', just likes fuggin with stuff. I mean who brings $1000 worth of clutch parts up on the hill in their backpack?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave has pocket change he needs to lighten up

sent from my htc

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you're right, deep down he doesn't like sleddin', just likes fuggin with stuff. I mean who brings $1000 worth of clutch parts up on the hill in their backpack?

i think i've only seen 2 maybe 3 guys who bring a snapon tool box to the hills, both also carried pistons and an extra cylinder. dave well he just brings extra stuff.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRD-your co-worker runs a timbersled set up. You could quiz him up for Dave. I know he's made some tweaks to it that have helped his dainty frame.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRD-your co-worker runs a timbersled set up. You could quiz him up for Dave. I know he's made some tweaks to it that have helped his dainty frame.

I'll give him a call when he gets back, I think he's still lapping gravy out on Hibernia.

Top Bottom