Two Newbies

bssummitx

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. We just got ourself a couple of 1998 670 Summit X machines. I am totally new to this and must say so far so good. My husband has sledded before but not for many years. So far we have been out every weekend, Whitecourt, Alberta Beach, Seba Beach Area, and today Barrhead. Today was the first time it was soooooo cold. But we still put on about 120kms. Shall sleep good tonight :imnew:

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
Any day of riding is a good day but sometimes we have to suck it up and ride on the cold days. Never forget a bad day of riding is still better than a good day at work. Ride on!!!!! M.P.E.

LINZ

Reaction score
Okay, it looks like you have enough experience now. Time to get off the trails and have some REAL fun.

bssummitx

Reaction score
hi i was thinking of putting the 2" riser on our sleds, are the cables long enough and how tall are you? does it help with the stand up riding. i am 6 1" the wife is 5 9". i find i have lean over to far for standup.

bssummitx

Reaction score
OK, its obviously you! Thinking about Grand Prairie, you in? Next weekend might be Westlock then Athabasca......

LINZ

Reaction score
OK, its obviously you! Thinking about Grand Prairie, you in? Next weekend might be Westlock then Athabasca......

Yup, it's me. Want to go somewhere for sure.

On the risers; I'm near 6'1" also. Added 2" to the 08 Renegade. Could use more, but that was the max without throttle & brakeline extensions. Not sure on the older models. How tall is the riser on there now? There are some really nice adjustable risers out there but they cost a small fortune. At the rate you're going you'll be ready for a couple new machines next year any way.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. We just got ourself a couple of 1998 670 Summit X machines. I am totally new to this and must say so far so good. My husband has sledded before but not for many years. So far we have been out every weekend, Whitecourt, Alberta Beach, Seba Beach Area, and today Barrhead. Today was the first time it was soooooo cold. But we still put on about 120kms. Shall sleep good tonight :imnew:

Welcome to Snow and Mud You 'Two Newbies' :) Appears you are getting alot of saddle time in....Soon U will not be Newbies ! :beer:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the great Alberta sport of snowmoblie.I think we met at trailseeker poker rally at the frozen chile stop enjoy your winter

Top Bottom