Two brand new cats wrote off..... Not for the faint of heart....

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I can't see who's looking at a thread, I'm using tapatalk along with many other people on here.

Sent from a iPhone

Carrots.....why can't you see it.......I went on Tapatalk and the "current user" list is there just like it is on the main web site........scroll down to the bottem of the last page and the current users browsing the thread are listed .....even on Tapatalk....

Posting the list serves no purpose and has nothing to do with the topic.....

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the guys saying its like the highway traffic act. If he was doing 90mph, that would be the maximum speed of the vehicle. Making excessive speeding and reckless driving as his charges.

Sure the M8 did stop and possibly looked like he was going to wait, but the moron on the xf still decided he would do 90mph less that one sled length away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So glad both were ok. I saw the White Arctic Cat the other day for the first time and the first thing I thought of was, is white such a good idea for a sled? But...IMO, guy on the XF was just going too dam fast, especially when approaching another group of riders.

WopOnTour

Reaction score
I think he was thinking "what the hell is this guy doing coming out in front of me!"
No, if he WAS thinking it shoulda been "Hey maybe I shouldn't rip right past a group of sleds at 110km/hr"
Idiot

JMO
WOT

alb

Reaction score
XF at fault all the way.....don't understand why you would try to even go 100 mph past others. Their is a time and place for speeding. Plus the M8 did his turn well before the bone head on the SPEEDING sled took off.....

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scrfce, I had a buddy who told insurance that he saw a deer in the corner of his eye at the last second. What he should have said was he didn't see it at all, because insurance company made the claim that he could have avoided the deer if he saw it.

Edit: I'm not trying to justify it... just saying the argument would take a good lawyer to fight ICBC with. :O

Edit 2: And I'm aware of the oxymoron in the last sentence.

I was told by a cop that you always say " I didn't see him until it was too late."

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched it a few times now. All I can say is if I'm driving down the highway at 110km/hr and someone is making a left turn or even attempting to cross the highway. I slow the F down and make sure to eye up the route behind him. It's called defensive driving. People are idiots and you never know what they might do. Plan ahead people!!! Even if it's only 3 seconds ahead it may save your life.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apples to oranges. They are in a farmer's field. I am sure you look over the horizon everywhere you turn your sled.... Do you shoulder check when you carve? LOL I am sure if it was a mailbox he would have hit it.

Watched it a few times now. All I can say is if I'm driving down the highway at 110km/hr and someone is making a left turn or even attempting to cross the highway. I slow the F down and make sure to eye up the route behind him. It's called defensive driving. People are idiots and you never know what they might do. Plan ahead people!!! Even if it's only 3 seconds ahead it may save your life.

powerclaw

Reaction score
Oh normally I would agree with you 100%. The only problem is...there WAS someone is sight!! If we could see it on a tiny wide angle camera shot the surely the guy on the M8 should have seen it too, and you can see he did look that way before he turns. So he's either blind, or he saw the guy coming and decided to turn anyway. And sorry, but your analogy of someone running a red light is non-applicable in this case. More accurate would be a guy going through an uncontrolled railway crossing out in the country and being hit by a train because he either didn't bother to look or saw the train coming and tried to cross anyway, then saying it wasn't his fault because "well I'm in the middle of nowhere, there shouldn't have been a train there."
100% accurate imo

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% accurate imo

Just goes to show, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one! the guys is an idiot for riding towards a group of sleds at that speed. So i suppose he probably would ride a dirt bike at full speed towards a herd of cattle and just pray one doesn't run out infront of him?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the guy who ran into him was part of their group, he is 100% at fault. When there is that new of a rider in your group, everyone watches out for them a LOT and assumes NOTHING. You have no idea what they will do and use extreme caution. There is nothing wrong with doing the speed he was doing, in certain places and times. If he was 200-300 feet away from the group and not getting any closer it would be fine. But when your heading near someone like that, any sort of common sense will tell you to slow the fawk down. The fact that the other guy is so new just makes it even more important.

If the guy was in another group i'd say the m8 was maybe 25% at fault. Wasn't a kid, and should be looking around a bit if there is other groups around who have no idea how new he is. But I also will lay some blame on EVERYONE else there, they should be looking out for the new guy from other people to, and they should of seen the other guy coming and been yelling like crazy. The amount of time everyone had to react was insane, and pathetic no one made a good effort to make the collision not happen.

Everyone there made some HUGE mistakes and dahm lucky they won't have to live with it forever.

As far as people saying they don't look around sledding over their shoulders and stuff, you scare the hell out of me. If your sledding you better be treating it like a dahm car and aware if there is ANYONE in your path, or possibly coming into it(but then again how many retarded drivers in cars don't either). Your probably the people on a trail with 30 people stuck trying to pass you because your in your own world paying no attention to anything else. If your coming down a hill at 100-120km, and looking straight ahead and nothing else, your pretty fawking stupid. There could be how many other people doing the exact same thing......You have the right to the land your sled is traveling on, not even 1 inch in front of it is safe, it is your responsibility to know where your sled is traveling and make sure it is safe. Just as important, you don't stop in stupid spots.

The M8 made some newbie mistakes and unfortunately had to pay dearly for them because the more experienced people didn't watch out for him like they are suppose to.

As far as treating it like a highway, excessive speeding can land you at fault for a accident. Second if it was a car, and on video they had THAT much time to avoid the accident VERY likely they would be at fault at least 50% because it could easily be proved they were trying to cause the accident on purpose, because they made ZERO attempt to slow down, stop, or avoid it.

Dragin

Reaction score
So I've forwarded this video to everyone I know and I've shown it to probably 30 people on my IPhone. I've heard the same response every time "holy cr@p! Why the hell didn't that idiot slow down?!?!?"

Just sayin

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He looks down the field and sees a guy slowly cutting across it. He floors his sled heading hell bent for election right at the guy, it takes a good 5-10 seconds at wide open throttle to reach the poor rooky rider. Did he once slow down...no Did he miss the guy..no. Did the rooky rider see him coming...no Did he see the rooky rider...yes. WTF.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We keep an eye out for newbies in our group not the other way around.
We have more experience and a better chance of avoiding.
I have to blame the speeding moron. If I'm doing a buck 20 and see a sled turn sideways to me, I would slow the fck down. I wouldn't have a clue if the guy saw me coming at that speed. The guy that had a clear view of everything was the 1100. If I see a headlight a hundred yards away should I wait before I try and turn around?

Glad everyone is ok and hopefully the guy on the M8 gets out to the mountains.

coop dog

Reaction score
This video is unbelievable. Most likely driver who hit was staring at guages. Obvious to me new horsepowers require extra attention and Yes I agree white sleds are at risk. Gotta have something high vis. Still, not sure how it could have happened.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad both guys are ok

What's the purple stuff??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more I watch it, the more I don't understand how the guy can be that stupid. He was stopped for like 8 seconds before being hit, he didn't travel probably more then 5 feet in that time. In 8 seconds if you can't be on your brakes and slowed down a LOT, and navigate around someone something is very wrong. Not to mention, all the time that he was moving to that spot in the first place.

Does that guy do that same thing when driving a vehicle? Scared that he is on the same highway as everyone else.......

If I didn't know better, i'd swear he hit him on purpose.

Top Bottom