Two brand new cats wrote off..... Not for the faint of heart....

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter where you are riding or why, you need to be aware of your surroundings. If your head isn't in the game you shouldn't be operating a motorized vehicle of any kind. That goes for both riders in this case; one guy staring down at his speedo seeing how fast his new turbo toy can go, the other guy looking back at his buddies to make sure the camera is rolling because he wants to make sure his pow turn is caught on tape when he should be minding the pair of HID lights that are obviously coming his way. Glad nobody was seriously hurt and I hope everyone who sees this learned a valuable lesson. This sport has a reputation for being filled with guys that have more money than brains and incidents like these are the reason.
This is my last repy to this retardedness, the guy was in an open field with no one in sight, period. If ur drivin the highway and someone crosses the line and hits u or runs a red light and hits u or or or a million things that can and do go wrong and is outta ur control and someone elses fault, does not mean ur off ur "game" or not paying attn. Cmon.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He didnt just pull out in front of him.

Ya ur right he didn't just pull in front of him but I can see the turbo rider thinking this guy stopped and is waiting cause he see's me, but then he drives forward when he gets closer.

Last edited:

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been watching this thread since it was posted this morning... It is amazing how everyone has watched the same clip
and we have multiple views on who was in the wrong!!
i'm guessing the newbie/ easy going trail riders will blame the speeder and the speed demons out there blame the stopped sled!
in my opinion the only reason you could find the speeding sleder not at fault is if his throttle was stuck wide open. and even in that case he could have hit the kill switch with 20 seconds between him and the guy turning around.
hope your newbie buddy isnt detered from an amazing sport ! BTW i'm niether a speed demon nor basic trail rider!

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my last repy to this retardedness, the guy was in an open field with no one in sight, period. If ur drivin the highway and someone crosses the line and hits u or runs a red light and hits u or or or a million things that can and do go wrong and is outta ur control and someone elses fault, does not mean ur off ur "game" or not paying attn. Cmon.
Oh normally I would agree with you 100%. The only problem is...there WAS someone is sight!! If we could see it on a tiny wide angle camera shot the surely the guy on the M8 should have seen it too, and you can see he did look that way before he turns. So he's either blind, or he saw the guy coming and decided to turn anyway. And sorry, but your analogy of someone running a red light is non-applicable in this case. More accurate would be a guy going through an uncontrolled railway crossing out in the country and being hit by a train because he either didn't bother to look or saw the train coming and tried to cross anyway, then saying it wasn't his fault because "well I'm in the middle of nowhere, there shouldn't have been a train there."

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all the guys are riding in the same group and a video camera on, what was the talk just before the 1100 went away from the group. "Video me doing hot pass." Other fellow pulls up in the mean time and doesn't know what's going on and know body tells him as he pulls away.
Is that what was being yelled at him in the video is to watch out or get the hell out of the way.
Camera's and watch this might be to blame.
Glad everyone is okay and sleds can be replaced but hard to replace limbs or life.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your confused or contradicting what your saying, the guy on the m8 isnt flying through a rail crossing.. he is sitting beside the tracks and the train came off the rails

Oh normally I would agree with you 100%. The only problem is...there WAS someone is sight!! If we could see it on a tiny wide angle camera shot the surely the guy on the M8 should have seen it too, and you can see he did look that way before he turns. So he's either blind, or he saw the guy coming and decided to turn anyway. And sorry, but your analogy of someone running a red light is non-applicable in this case. More accurate would be a guy going through an uncontrolled railway crossing out in the country and being hit by a train because he either didn't bother to look or saw the train coming and tried to cross anyway, then saying it wasn't his fault because "well I'm in the middle of nowhere, there shouldn't have been a train there."

New_M7_Ryder

Reaction score
looked like the guy stopped and was going to wait so the guy kept going but then he went forward and boom i point my finger at that white sled

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your confused or contradicting what your saying, the guy on the m8 isnt flying through a rail crossing.. he is sitting beside the tracks and the train came off the rails
I may have to watch it again but I could have sworn the m8 was moving when it was hit...not sure what video you were watching.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This crash was caused by the guy doing 110. WTF would you fly along like that when there are people stopped on the trail that you can see for half a mile?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This crash was caused by the guy doing 110. WTF would you fly along like that when there are people stopped on the trail that you can see for half a mile?

Yah M8 the most to blame here. Possibly Cat should have stayed with green and orange for color instead of WHITE ? :ignore:

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after watching the vid a few times wtf would you go by a group of riders that fast, the guy on the m8 should of seen him comming and maybe shouldnt of moved out in front of an oncoming sled but from the vid the guy on the xf should of seen the lights on the other sleds in the group no..... which would bring up the thought of slowing down group of riders ahead. think the m8 rider is a little at fault but majorty of the blame has to fall on the xf rider coming up on a sled group that fast.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to watch the video about 8 times and the conclusion is.........

Maxwell is responsible. He was the one on the sled that torpedoed the cat, his hatred for Cat's is so strong that he has become the DARK SIDE and will stop at nothing to single handedly rid the world of Cat's........

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Newfoundland test pilot shows he has the "Right Stuff" in this top-secret video of the east coast's attempt to make good on it's promise of putting a fishermen on the moon by 2015.
Holy Christ that's hilarious!!!!

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are currently 46 users browsing this thread. (20 members and 26 guests)

this video.....

buffalorider

Reaction score

Like I said. His head is towards the oncoming sled for 5 secs or more. If he's looking down or at the sled who knows. So i take it they were all in the same group then???

If so. If my groups go out with a newbee the first thing we teach us the u have to look out for the other guy. So the guy behind u. If he's not behind ya stop and either wait for a bit then go back. If u stop to wait so should the guy in front of u...and so on

Not that this would have helped a bunch in this but they might have said stay behind the guy Ur to following. Cause he's new.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I 75% blame M8. Guy pulls half a u-turn across trail, pauses like he's waiting for oncoming sled, then gives 'er just as the oncoming sled gets there. How do we know these guys weren't doing high speed pass by's for half an hour before the incident?

Top Bottom