Turbo sleds

Goop

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any other members are riding turbo's??

Attachments

• 7026.jpg
    7026.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 72

tayco

Reaction score
Website
www.taycowelding.ca
Turbo's

I have a buddy that rides RX1 turbo, and is supercharging his apex soon I believe. Soon as I can get him on here I'll hook you up. See some of his pics in my gallery (members gallery) if u like.:Cool9:

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
06 Apex on 10# boost. Love it

Attachments

• 10977.jpg
    10977.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 10978.jpg
    10978.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 35

Goop

Reaction score
Hey kgr good to hear from fellow turbo owner.
Are you running a front mount or rear? Mine is a m/c express rear mount on a05 vector.13# of boost. Blows my hair back!

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rear mount mc express with 10# boost blows my hair back also. Have to be on your game not to go over backwards cresting ridges.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode a turbo rev. This was the Rev in thunderstruck 2 or 3. i cant remember.All i have to say is this thing hauls some serious butt. The turbo is of a 1999 cummins 5.9l. it has some lag but once this thing spools, all i have to say is holy crap. think of it this way. 300hp(this motor is done up) and 450lbs with a half tank of c116 fuel and oil and antifreze. If u want a sled that is point and shoot, this is it. this thing will kill a rx1 or apex.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
way to ruin a good thread.

turborx123

Reaction score
Ya i ride a rx10 with a turbo with an mc rear mount at 16psi boost and the thing weights 512 lbs wet weight it hauls some serious a$$

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you spent a ton of cash I think that should be reading 712#+:rolling: :rollinglaugh: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Turbo Guys

HEY GUYS, HOW IS THE GAS MILEAGE ON THE TURBO YAMS??:confused: A FEW WEEKS AGO AT GORDON/SIDNEY CABIN IN HUNTERS RANGE/OWLSHEAD IN SICAMOUS, A GUY HAD A REV 800 WITH TURBO AND HE HAD 3, 5 GALLON JERRY CANS WITH HIM AND HE USED ALL HIS GAS, PLUS ALL THESE JERRY CANS. DOES THE YAMMY WITH A TURBO HAVE A DIFFERENCE IN GAS MILEAGE FROM A NON-TURBO, AND IF SO, HOW MUCH DIFFERENT??? THERE WAS ALSO A 670X SUMMIT TURBO, AND THAT THING WAS "PHAT" -- SERIOUS TRACK SPEED:eek: . NEVER DID ASK HIM ABOUT THE GAS MILEAGE.

Goop

Reaction score
Im not sure about non turbo but with my turbo it is better on fuel than my modded max is.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK you spent half a ton of cash (I think you mean dry weight), but I'm sure it rips in a straight line. Shoudn't bash'm to hard since I've been giving them a second look.

turborx123

Reaction score
Well the yamaha with out the trubo is awsome on fuel milage but with the turbo they are like a full mod 2stroke motor they pretty hard but by the sounds of the 670 and 800 not that bad

turborx123

Reaction score
Hey Snowchuk the weight is 612 wet weight the stock wet weight is 723
i weighed it before and after the new parts lexon hood chromemolly a armes vanamburge tunnel mountain addiction rear skid fox floats all around boss seat 16x162 2.25 252 pitch track slydog skies magniesium chain case light weight battery and alot of outher little things thats what the scale said that it weighed with full of fluids

turborx123

Reaction score
IT handles pretty good now with the new skid and higher handle bars you can play in the trees agian before i had to wear my back pack just for the extra weight to throw the thing around and play in the trees before was like sucking a golf ball through a gardenhose

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Here are some pics. of the turbo on propane. He has a bar-b-q running off the back of the tanks. The propane runs him for a couple of rides, would fix the fuel problem.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job at getting the weight down,with the 162 i'm sure it floats in the trees very well. If you don't mind me asking how much were all the mods with labour?

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highmark BBQ

That looks like Brad Story from the Thunderstruck films. PP, have you ever ridden with him?:D

tekim

Top Bottom