Tunnels

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine thru PA Motorsports last Jan for my King Cat. A great tunnel, and great people to deal with. Hopefully they can help you out.

IQTriple

Reaction score
I talked directly to VA and they said they currently do not have a western canadian dealer, Pure addiction was a dealer but no longer...But after talking to them you might as well just order direct through them, its not like you need to go through a dealer..Only thing that sucks is that our dollar has taken a dump and now everything is at least 20% more, no more par...

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which one did you put on your king cat ? DO you happen to have a set of 162 rails ?

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on last yrs boondocker one with the cut out's in the running boards. My rails were bent, so i got new ones. Sled got wrote of last yr at x mas, so i tore it down and rebuilt it from the ground up. Thank god the dollar was good at the time, i ordered all my parts from Country Cat in the states, and saved a lot of money.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions on the cr tunnels

I've installed a few of CR's tunnels now and they are nice tunnels, they just usually require a bit of modifying and fitting to get them to fit proper.. and if you go with the cr tunnel with the coolers in the running boards then get a VA coolant line kit for like 100.00 well worth it as it will cause way less fitting parts to make work..

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions on the cr tunnels

The nicest looking and fitting tunnel in the Biz in my opinion.
Prepping prior to the removal of your stock tunnel is the key.
With the skid dropped..make yourself a jig out of flat bar . From your front skid bolt to the drop bracket hole. This alone will save you alot of time during assembly.
Plumbing on the sled is very simple with the use of Good-Year coils as angles can be made out of straight hose. Only use a premium hose such as Good Year or a Green Line preminum hose.
Probably the most complicated install is the M series with reverse motor in the left footwell cage. But a hole that enters just above the Reverse motor solves the problem, just extend the line from the front cooler to this hole, 2 S hoses and your out.
When installing dont use water hose fittings...use Good Year Hose fittings made for Rad purposes with silicon barbs and Shrink Clamps.
With 2 levels and the starting rivet holes Chad provides I have never had any problems..Remember to use a few alluminun rivets first for alignment..in case you need to drill them out for adjustment. When you get perfect alignment put in your stainless rivets and go back after and drill out the alluminum alignment rivets and replace with stainless.
Use a air saw with wax to cut out your drive voids.
Go slow....check measurements twice....watch your levels and jig....and BAM it's in.......GO CR RACING...IT'S CANADIAN...CHAD'S A GOOD GUY...AND HIS CHIT PLAIN FAWKING ROCKS.
Also if need be after a rear tunnel accident it is possible to just replace the cap on a CR Tunnel

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Pure Addiction has VE Tunnels, Nytro tunnels on hand along with a few others, all with double pass cooling.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with snotty.. I have done what he said with the coolant lines before and just thought that after i found a ckit that had all the fittings for an M chasis i just thought it might be easier but it is a little bit more money going with the kit rather than good coil hose.. And yah the M's with reverse are the more time consuming ones.. But i would have to agree wit hsnotty on the fact that the Cr tunnels are the nicest looking ones in the industry right now..

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to disagree I think the VE tunnels are a better tunnel, They are a little heavier but way stronger than the CR tunnels, Chad makes his tunnels light for bigger men i know a a few bigger guys bend the CR tunnels from just riding the sled. I had a VE on my Turbo and loved it No bendage of boards, VE makes a Huge double pass cooler for the rear, fit was straight forward on both tunnels i installed on Turbo Yammi's. CR has a nice looking well put together tunnel JUST to light for my size. Just my 2 cents.....

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'am as fat as you can get and I've never bent a CR Tunnel riding it............I have bent them but I was no longer attached to the sled as it free falled to earth:eek:
And like I said in the event you do take punch to the azz on Chads tunnels the cap replacement is fast, cheap and no one knows you fugged up.
Check Terra Alps web too..He also makes a Very Good looking tunnel and is a site sponsor

Top Bottom