Tunnel replacement 07 summit 151

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, has anyone ever replaced a tunnel on an 07 800 151,and how much time and costs for parts?. It is bent slightly at bulkhead but A-arm still straight. :confused:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah.....depends on if you can do the work or not. you have a couple options... unfortunately the tunnel and bulkhead are a one peice unit and need to be cut apart in order to install a new tunnel. and brp does not just make the tunnel. need to go aftermarket. anywhere from 800-2000$

#1 - take it to a shop and have aftermarket tunnel installed - 3-4000+$ depending on what tunnel

#2 - buy a complete sub frame from brp and swap the parts yourself - 2000$

#3 - find someone who is parting out your machine and buy the frame

#4 - buy an aftermarket tunnel and mount it up yourself. alot of work but a good learning experience. - 800-2000$

#5 - if its not effecting anything. straighten it out and ride it LOL

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maxwell, so if the bulkhead is what is bent and the tunnel is ok would that change anything? Can a tunnel be attached/welded to a bulkhead?. Also, the sled is a rite-off from insurance so would I have to get it certified in order to re-insure it again?. :cool:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes but once again you can not buy the bulkhead or the tunnel. only both. so if the bulkhead is damaged you would need to find a used chassis to take a bulkhead from. cut it apart and rivet a new tunnel on. the stock tunnel cant be used once it is cut off because the new tunnel has to have new extended mounting surfaces for the tunnel to mount up to the bulkhead.

as far as certification i think they just need to see that a certified shop did it? not sure? and that the vin# has been stamped onto the new frame....

someone will know. if it is a writeoff and you get rid of it let me know i mgiht be interested. thanks!

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh...it's one of those kind of deals eh?. I'm trying to minimize my losses and they want 1800 bucks for the the salvage amount. PM me if you want to talk some turkey:chicken:. Thanks again

RatedX

Reaction score
ya tunnel is a pretty big job. about 20 hours give or take a few. CR Racing makes a great aftermarket tunnel. closer to the 2000$ mark if not a little more depending on powdercoat choices. but saves about 20 lbs over stock. And nicest looking tunnel you've ever seen.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of options. If the tunnel is good youve got a legit sin, so tear it apart and bang out the bends. Drop and roll it or reinforce the weak spots and put it back together. Like Maxwell said youll need a new front end. $40 for the front plate and $300 or so for the nun. Oh and $30 in rivets. if you got the time and tools its worth it.
Its fun too!

snowngo

Reaction score
I have seen two 07 sleds skidoos summits with new tunnels from Mountain Magic very well done . its all a mater of the amount of damage and cost . you could make a real deep snowmachine out of that sled . cheers

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as the insurance and certification goes you should be alright. my brother wrote off his can am outlander last year and bought it back, fixed it up ourselves and insured and registered it with out a problem. i was surprised but no body gave them any grief about it. might be a little late to post this, but still might be use full info for somebody. :)

Top Bottom