truck box trailers??

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have one and were thinking about insuring it to make dump runs and haul random crap. But I heard somewhere that these things arent allowed any more? what gives?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's admissable or not, but you would have to call IBC in Calgary to get an Alberta Assigned VIN. It'll cost you $53, and probably take a few days for the guy to come out and stamp the number.

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't know the laws in alberta. but here in sask all you have to do is go down to a license issuer and register a homemade trailer. just built a 4 place sled/quad trailer in the fall and cost me $65 bucks to plate it.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't know the laws in alberta. but here in sask all you have to do is go down to a license issuer and register a homemade trailer. just built a 4 place sled/quad trailer in the fall and cost me $65 bucks to plate it.

It used to be like that here...go down to registries with a made-up vin for a home made trailer, $70, and away you go. But now the insurance bureau of Canada got their fat little fingers involved, so now it costs $53 to get a vin on a single axle, and $422 for a tandem. They say it's to reduce the amount of stolen trailers being registered, but it's just a bullsh!t cash cow.

Top Bottom