troubleshooting

copper114

Reaction score
Hey everyone new on the site. I have a 1998 skidoo touring le fan cooled. was running great last weekend but this past weekend when I got out to where I was going, it wouldn't start. No spark. Plugs were soaked. Plugs are new. By passed ignition, checked kill switch etc. Nothing. where do I start to find out what's going on? Thanks.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your saying with new plugs, key on, kill switch up, that you still have no spark?
Couple of tests.

Make sure your plug wires are in good shape. (should be as both never fail @ the same time). Does each plug have its own coil? Or are both wires sharing a common coil? Coil could be faulty.

Stator could also be gone, seen those fail with no warnings.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your coil if it's out by only a little it won't start but if u have 2 coils unhook one at a time and try it.

daniump

Reaction score
Have a 2000 touring sle with the same problem a couple of years ago. I downloaded a service manuel then checked the coils, stator,wiring,switches basically all electrical. Turned out to be the coil with mine which also controls the electric reverse. Sucked because it cost me 500 bucks at the dealer to buy! Couldn't find used anywhere. If you don't have reverse it should be cheaper,hope this helps,cheers.

Top Bottom