Trailer roof repair?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone replaced the roof on their TT? I've got some soft wood under from some punctures, need to change the wood under as well as insulation etc.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old man did it to a motor home, retarded big job, just kept going, opening more up and finding more

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone chirp in and recommend a good sealant that they have used for caulking around vents on a RV rubber roof ?
It is a different product than standard outdoor silicone I believe.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He has the Eternabond on there now...he got a bunch of tree damage but it never got noticed until the roof structure was damaged from water.

DRD: I am assuming that insurance is not helping out as you had hoped?

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done more than my share of rotten roofs. This one was supposed to be a small job.....they are always 10x worse when you open them up. Make sure you put all new rubber down with the proper glue. National Rv siding has all the stuff you'll need.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He has the Eternabond on there now...he got a bunch of tree damage but it never got noticed until the roof structure was damaged from water.

DRD: I am assuming that insurance is not helping out as you had hoped?

No they came through, wrote the trailer off. I bought it back, if the roof replacement goes poorly, I'll have a 32' flat deck.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup always look at the roof when buying a trailer new or used,bring a latter with you it saved me from a bad purchase last weekend.The trailer looked mint but there was a hole in roof from those useless ladders they screw on the back, the roof was soft all the way down the one side.I believe the owner never knew about it,he was not the maintenance type.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
b08cc87a6ee4213c14171fc943ea484b.jpg

This is from a roof ladder not being sealed. 5 year old trailer at the time.

Top Bottom