track extension

chaderbox

Reaction score
hey guys, i bought a 2002 polaris xc edge 600 and dont like the little track i plan on putting extensions on to reach 136" and i would like 1 1/2 paddles or 1 3/4. anyone know how big of lug i can go to, the way it is. but i think i might need diferent drivers to got more clearance not sure tho any help would be cool, and by the way what would be the best mean, loud stinger i could put on er.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i bought a 2002 polaris xc edge 600 and dont like the little track i plan on putting extensions on to reach 136" and i would like 1 1/2 paddles or 1 3/4. anyone know how big of lug i can go to, the way it is. but i think i might need diferent drivers to got more clearance not sure tho any help would be cool, and by the way what would be the best mean, loud stinger i could put on er.

Do what you want as far as the track goes...

If you want the meanest, loudest stinger then your an idiot. Rethink this, why do you think our sport is having such a negetive impact on the general public? Can you say noise? Forget the can and concentrate on the track.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with a dynoport can, might even see some gains out of it.

loud=mental horsepower lol

dont get me going on the noise issue. id rather kids be bombing around on their "loud" snowmobiles than beating my best friend to death or vandalizing the town. i dont think him wanting a loud sled makes him an idiot....

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with a dynoport can, might even see some gains out of it.

loud=mental horsepower lol

dont get me going on the noise issue. id rather kids be bombing around on their "loud" snowmobiles than beating my best friend to death or vandalizing the town. i dont think him wanting a loud sled makes him an idiot....

If you want the loudest sled then yes... you are an idiot. The number one complaint from the public against us snowmobilers is NOISE. If you want to keep riding then do it responsibly, so we can all enjoy it for years to come.

As far as kids beating your best friend to death or vandalizing the town is concerned... I can't see any kind of snowmobile curing that dilema:confused:

I hear yah... there are worse problems out there ;)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i dont care anymore about noise, they made it virtualy impossible for me to ride in the park so i keep it strictly to the mountains, no rules there lol

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chaderbox... I should'nt have been so harsh, sorry. I'm sure your an awesome guy :). I just don't agree with excessively loud cans.

Let us know how your track extension project pans out! :beer:

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If it were me i'd go longer than 136. I'd look for a new or used skid around 144. Its a good all around length and easy to find. Then get a tunnel extension and rivet it on. It would likely give you the paddle length you are looking for. As for the can, The Thing, is really loud. There is a shop in Edson that sells them, cant remember the name but there arn't many to choose from there so just go through the book. Also for noise i run CPI Racing pipe and can. I like the sound that comes out of it.

Hope i helped

signed

JUST ANOTHER IDIOT.

lol

Attachments

• HPIM2491.jpg
    HPIM2491.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 41

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good thing on the Thing can...so go ahead put a can on it! The public should start worrying about all the Harley's that tear up and down the roads during the time of year when everyone is actually outside! :eek::d

tom29

Reaction score
Dont get the "thing" can. stuupidly loud and loses power. Go for an MBRP or SLP can, something the sounds good but is not dumb loud. Get quality of sound, not quantity. as for track, i agree with pappilion, a 144 is a nice all around track to ride.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished my extension to my 03 Edge 800. I just had enough room for a 2" track, I can still stick my fingers up at the front. I would consider going to 1 3/4 track, if you can find one??? (try Bucklakebobs). I went from a 1.25 track x 121 to this 2.00 x 136.

Just my 2 cents... need snow to test it out!

Attachments

• phpmhTTZOAM.jpg
    phpmhTTZOAM.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Photo_080608_009.jpg
    Photo_080608_009.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 37

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 15x2x151 challenger on my old 600. I geared it down and it turned it no problems. Awesome floatation

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it were me i'd go longer than 136. I'd look for a new or used skid around 144. Its a good all around length and easy to find. Then get a tunnel extension and rivet it on. It would likely give you the paddle length you are looking for. As for the can, The Thing, is really loud. There is a shop in Edson that sells them, cant remember the name but there arn't many to choose from there so just go through the book. Also for noise i run CPI Racing pipe and can. I like the sound that comes out of it.

Hope i helped

signed

JUST ANOTHER IDIOT.
lol

Do you have any idea how the sport of snowmobiling is suffering because of this sort of mentallity??? :confused: Instead of trying to be the loudest maybe you try to be the smartest?

Look at all the riding areas that are being closed, Why? NOISE. If you want to ride in the near future, maybe even with your kids, then forget the noisiest "look at me" sled and think about finding a better way to make your sled perform. Some of the fastests sleds at the annual Shootouts run stock cannisters, but have tuned aftermarket pipes. Stock sound but big performance. Loud cans are killing our sport. Why are so many states (US) making it illegal to run an exhaust that exceeds a certain decable level? Because Noise pisses people off and we all pay the price.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how the sport of snowmobiling is suffering because of this sort of mentallity??? :confused: Instead of trying to be the loudest maybe you try to be the smartest?

Look at all the riding areas that are being closed, Why? NOISE. If you want to ride in the near future, maybe even with your kids, then forget the noisest "look at me" sled and think about finding a better way to make your sled perform. Some of the fastests sleds the annual Shootouts run stock cannisters, but have tuned aftermarket pipes. Stock sound but big performance. Loud cans are killing our sport. Why are so many states (US) making it illegal to run an exhaust that exceeds a certain decible level? Because Noise pisses people off and we all pay the price.

I agree but at the same time have to change the angle of attack....I have an mbrp can, not very loud, love the sound it puts off, just right. But as someone said a few posts ago HARLEY exhaust should be what people are angry at. This is what p!sses me off, I have been awakened by a lot more harley exhaust than snowmobile exhaust. I'm sorry harley guys, I know the loud pipes sound cool but is there one rider that can ride with CONSTANT THROTTLE??? I think this skill is lost on all harley riders!! It doesn't matter if it's 3 am the harley guys have to let the whole dam neighborhood know that they are there (idiots)

I know that the snowmobile sound level issue exists, and will be a bigger issue in the furture but in my opinion these people should give their head a shake...Harley noise is much worse and definately bothers me a whole lot more...sorry about the rant....down with harley riders that have to constantly rev going throught the streets.

that should stir something up.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but at the same time have to change the angle of attack....I have an mbrp can, not very loud, love the sound it puts off, just right. But as someone said a few posts ago HARLEY exhaust should be what people are angry at. This is what p!sses me off, I have been awakened by a lot more harley exhaust than snowmobile exhaust. I'm sorry harley guys, I know the loud pipes sound cool but is there one rider that can ride with CONSTANT THROTTLE??? I think this skill is lost on all harley riders!! It doesn't matter if it's 3 am the harley guys have to let the whole dam neighborhood know that they are there (idiots)

I know that the snowmobile sound level issue exists, and will be a bigger issue in the furture but in my opinion these people should give their head a shake...Harley noise is much worse and definately bothers me a whole lot more...sorry about the rant....down with harley riders that have to constantly rev going throught the streets.

that should stir something up.

I could'nt agree more. Nothing pisses me off more than these wanna be "hells angles" that have to twist the thottle just to show everybody around them that they riding a Harley?? :confused: Too bad that the general public did'nt create the stir around this issue like they do about Snowmobiling? :mad::mad:

Thank NosRX1 for bringing this up ;)

RevBlk

Reaction score
Jay & Scotty. Dudes I agree with you. However, I am a Harley owner so I pay attention to exhaust levels & laws. The exhaust on mine is stock out of respect for my neighbours etc., Even stock it's a little louder than what some people like. Therefore, when I am in residential areas & I am leaving/returning to the house early in the AM, I will push it to/from the end of the driveway. Again out of respect for other people's sleep time. I know not all riders are courteous but I am abut the farthest you could get from an HA wannebee. A couple of my buddies that have the obnoxiously loud pipes think I'm anal about it but I don't want to be regulated as has happened to bikes in the USA ( and will no doubt happen to sleds). Not angry just don't want to be stereotyped. And yeah my Cat has the stock canister.
Rev:)

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jay & Scotty. Dudes I agree with you. However, I am a Harley owner so I pay attention to exhaust levels & laws. The exhaust on mine is stock out of respect for my neighbours etc., Even stock it's a little louder than what some people like. Therefore, when I am in residential areas & I am leaving/returning to the house early in the AM, I will push it to/from the end of the driveway. Again out of respect for other people's sleep time. I know not all riders are courteous but I am abut the farthest you could get from an HA wannebee. A couple of my buddies that have the obnoxiously loud pipes think I'm anal about it but I don't want to be regulated as has happened to bikes in the USA ( and will no doubt happen to sleds). Not angry just don't want to be stereotyped. And yeah my Cat has the stock canister.
Rev:)

Finally a harley rider with respect to the noise CONGRATS keep up the good work!!

Can you give lesson to your fellow riders?? lol:d

here have some reputation for the noise curtisey!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Bender pipes on the old tank they are louder then stock..not sure by how much they where on the sled when I bought it. One thing I have never done is ride the sled around populated areas always in the mountains. I agree if most of your riding is going to be down the trails that pass by residences then yeah don't run the loud cans/pipes. One of my buddies has a loud mountain sled and you could always find him just shut off your sled and listen, but again he never rode anywhere near homes/towns.:d

Top Bottom