Toy hauler dirt bike rack ?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So seeing as my toy hauler is plum full, and the wife has taken up dirt biking ...
Has any one built a pin on tack welded / bolted to trailer frame , just behind rear door ?
Looks like an easy fab job if you come off the frame rails of the trailer . Un pin when not in use , similar to a receiver hitch , but doubled .
Ideas / thoughts ...
And , I am not interested in a bigger toy hauler.. enough chit to haul already ...lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would drive the sxs as far to the right as you can and out the bike beside it on the left

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the E tracks in the centre to tie the Mav in , even said that would be tight ...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weld a 2" receiver or bolt one in then just use a bike carrier (pretty sure that's what you said).
Seen a lot of those.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes this is what I had in mind , but instead of one I would have two extending of the frame rails .. just below the rear bumper .
Then a pin / slide in rack

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put my dirt bike on a front mount rack for my truck. At least you will know if it falls off!

thats where I have mine but always stressed that if it falls off it will for sure get driven over

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that ain't the princess auto carrier, they're the same price brand new and can be found for $99 on sale...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at it a bit more today ... pretty easy to come off the frame ( solid) and through the rear bumper with 2" square tube .
Come past the bumper 2" then the rack pins in to that in two places , apx where the wheels are on the bike...
Than a tie down bar and wheel chock at each end , one that folds down to double as a ramp as well.. then pins up , behind the rear tire ...
Two pieces of 2" x 1/8 " angle iron , welded together , should do the trick .
Have the plan / just need a free day to complete it ..
Pics when I geter done ....,

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X 3 won't fit. Need new toyhauler

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many bikes you sticking back there? Will the cops hassel you about covering your tail lights?

Top Bottom