Took the plunge!

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a sled. Since my buddy has is snowchecking an '09 Dragon his '07 Dragon came available. We rode Allen Creek this weekend and I realized that it is more sled than I can handle right now but time and practice will take care of that. I guess the wife gets that holiday she has wanted for a while now.:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a sled. Since my buddy has is snowchecking an '09 Dragon his '07 Dragon came available. We rode Allen Creek this weekend and I realized that it is more sled than I can handle right now but time and practice will take care of that. I guess the wife gets that holiday she has wanted for a while now.:D

AND NOW YOU'RE HOOKED.....JOIN THE CLUB.......... ;):cool:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might not want to use words like "Plunge" when referring to purchasing a Polaris on this site. There are alot of Yellar dudes here that might draw negative attention to your choice of terminology. As a Cat guy I would never do this. :D:D

Enjoy your new ride :)

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sled. You'll love that sled i think.......... you're right about the practicing part & "more sled than i can handle".(no offense intended) It is more sled than most people think............ it'll hang with pretty much anything out there these days (other than the turbo's) & will last all day everyday. I have a little seat time on the 07 Dragon & although i was like a fish out of water on it(LOL) it was a wicked climber & handles really light. Good luck

RN

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A "sledhead is born".... give yourself a month ..... it won't feel so new... you'll be riding on top of the world... everything will seem..........just right.... :D until you want more power.... a longer track.... ;) ;)

Have fun testing that baby out and making it sing... for you... just remember... more speed will get you out of more trouble than it gets you into... In flat/low light... be very careful of the holes...... which can swallow your sled... (this is where the speed comes into play...)

So ahhhhhh, where are you sending the wife...?????? :eek: She's going to spend how much...??? :D If you talked her into a sled.... the two of you could take the holiday next year together...... (options...) :rolleyes:

Yeah... plunge is not a good choice of words when referring to sledding.... It makes one think a parachute is standard equipment..... Hmmm, you could say that with every fibre in your body, you have with the greatest enthusiasm embraced the Canadian winter in the finest of traditions... and sport...

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will like the Dragon once you have mastered the fine art of riding it like a rented mule!!! I have been a Doo guy for quite a few years although I had a Polaris TX in the 70's (very fast sled) and I presently have a 1980 Gemini for the kids to learn on but I digress, I have rode a 07 700 Dragon and that is a very nice sled to ride I found them very nimble and responsive you will enjoy this sled, have fun:Snowmobile1:

Billy Boy:cool:

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing I find hard to get used to is not falling off the damn thing. Huge difference from the Edge I am used to riding. You go to lean the Dragon over and it responds so quickly that it catches you off guard. I have to agree throttle is your friend. Kind of hard to get my mind around it but that will come with more seat time.

Top Bottom